No buzz -fuel pump relay ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
No buzz -fuel pump relay ?

Usually when I turn the key you hear a buzz, then hit the key and it fires. Some wires got burnt(from the battery), but the car turns over, but no start. I've read some posts about the fuel relay but I don't know where to start to look for that or the ECM? or a fuse. any ideas would be helpful. 1991 5.0lx. thanks

91lx vert-GT40 heads/1.7 rollers/Edelbrock performer intake/BBK headers/Bassani X w/cats MAC catback/3.73 rear/AOD
00 Grand Cherokee-4.7/K&N intake/Dynomax ex/hauls ass
05 G35 fast & comfy
IF YOU DON'T GO---YOU WON'T KNOW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2016, 10:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
its all in a EVTM wiring diagram for your year.

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Or someone could just tell you...the fuel pump relay is under the driver seat. I've had fuel issues with 2 foxes so far, one ended up being a bad ground on the pump housing/sending unit...whatever you want to call it. The part that's in the tank. It has a ground on the top of it, where the connector plugs into, then it has another ground on the underside of the top. Mine had corroded the ground on the underside of the top and I had no humming for priming when I turned my key on. So you may need to drop your tank and check that and the connector for it if swapping the relay doesn't work. And then on the second fox, after I checked all that, I came to the conclusion that it was a bad ecm, which is located under the passenger kick panel. If you take it to ford they'll be happy to swap out ecm's for about 400 bucks. Or you could do like I did and buy it from autozone and swap it out during your lunchbreak. It literally took me 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

Nothing feels as good as being thrown back in your seat because of the power you built.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
you don't need to drop the tank to find a bad ground..........they make volt meters now.

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement