1992 Replacement Fuel Relay - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1992 Replacement Fuel Relay

I have a 1992 Mustang that I am in the middle of a 4cyl to 5.0 swap. I have done the research on engine harnesses and found a late 92-93 ecm harness for the car.

As I put the harness in, I realized the harness is as it came from factory with all of its plugs with the exception that the MAF plug has been extended (perfect for me as I am running a blower and plan on mounting the MAF in the fender well anyways) and the fuel pump relay and a/c wot relay have been cut off and are missing. When i pulled back the electrical tape and loom, the wires are there for both. All I can think of as far as why is maybe the previous owner may of been running an aftermarket external pump wired direct to a relay and switch elsewhere.

With the wires there, I assume I just need a relay and a relay plug with pigtail and I am good to go?

While doing a quick search I found that LMR has exactly what I am looking for but at $55
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-14089A/1993...uel-Pump-Relay

Is there anything special about this particular relay or can I run a generic 30amp relay/holder/pigtail found from a local parts store, something like this?
30/40A 12V DC Change-Over Relay with 5 Wire Socket | Princess Auto

If so, what amp relay should be used and does anyone have a 92-93 schematic and be able to help identify which color wires would go where?Also, I am not running A/C on this car I figure it is okay to not worry about the a/c wot relay and leave it as is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-24-2016, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
I did a little more research on wiring relays and found a schematic and have figured out the colours and what goes where.

I guess all I am asking now is is there anything special about the relay advertised on LMR or will a standard 12v 30amp relay do the trick?

post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2016, 12:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
A relay is a relay. I think I got my spare from Radio Shack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2016, 07:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
you can use any single pole single throw, 30amp is more than enough

the wiring can easily id'd with a test light

otherwise you will need a wiring diagram.

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-25-2016, 11:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurdraco View Post
A relay is a relay. I think I got my spare from Radio Shack.
Like he said, you can get them a lot of places, I'd stick with around town, you can get the relay and PROBABLY the connector itself from autozone or advance. And it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than 55 bucks...just have them look up for your car and see what the replacement is and they'll either have it or order it in. Hope this helps.

Nothing feels as good as being thrown back in your seat because of the power you built.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement