High / Low-beam issue - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-07-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
High / Low-beam issue

So I have looked around for a while on and off for the last few days and couldnt find an answer. My high beams are on instead of lowbeams when I turn my lights on. When I pull the multifunction switch back, my low beams work, but only when I hold it back. And when I flick the switch forward, still in high beams. I have replaced the headlight switch, the switch pigtail and the multifunction switch so far. And its on a 1988 lx 5.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

88 LX Hatch 306 GT-40 Junk - DD warrior
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- [email protected] "The Wheel Spin Master!!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Did this just start to happen recently? When you turn on the headlights does the high-beam indicator on the dash light up?

When you pull the MFS to flash-to-pass does the higb-beam indicator come on?

Have you done a wire tuck lately?

John

'92 SSP (ex-FHP 797) stock - SOLD
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Indicator does come on, and no wire tucks recently.

88 LX Hatch 306 GT-40 Junk - DD warrior
- [email protected] "The Wheel Spin Master!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
check the bulbs...are they both high and both low or flip flopped? i had a bad bulb once and caused one high one low and when turned on high beams they switched...new bulbs fixed the issue

s-trim, f303, 60lbers, ba2400, tubular gt40, 70mm tb, Hi-6, 5 lug cobra disc swap, MM road and track w/stifflers FIT, spyder brace, safety loop, FRPP driveshaft, 3:73s, mac shortys, o/r prochamber, spintech ss super prostreet 9000s, custom: interior, rear seat delete, gauge lighting, gauge pods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement