Mustang GT HID headlights on Mustang V6 Pony Package High Beam not working - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mustang GT HID headlights on Mustang V6 Pony Package High Beam not working

I placed a similar question on another forum but I haven't found an answer yet,

I'm not an electronic expert, so I was hoping you guys can guide in the right direction. I bought a 2011 mustang V6 Pony Package, and I wanted to have the HID headlights as the GT's (same year). So I bought the GT OEM HID headlights. You can find them in the following link

Ford Mustang LH Xenon Headlight 10 11 12 2010 2011 2012 New | eBay

The headlights low beam work just fine, but I'm having issues with the high beams. When the low beams are on and I turn on the high beam, they would stay on for like half a second, and then the headlights would turn off. They would turn back on when I go back to the low beams.
If the head lights are off and I try to flash the high beams, the high beams would not turn on at all even though I hear something inside the housing (maybe the balast).
I called the guy who did the job, and he said the mustang v6 "does not support the headlights". I don't think that is the case

An advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-09-2016, 09:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
the guy that did the job is correct

low and high beam are different filaments non hid

hid has only one light source, and hi beam is merely the uncovering by a shutter

so non hid turns off low and turns on high.....when you do that with hid you will lose power to the light and turn on the solenoid shutter

therefore a rewire is in order

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement