anyway to test if grounding out caused computer damage (foxbody) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-2016, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (28)
anyway to test if grounding out caused computer damage (foxbody)

i completely stripped my factory harnesses this year and removed every unused harness back to the panel or ecu. (no im not worried about resale im building this car for me) ive removed all smog hvac etc from my car and pulled all the harnesses as im not one for things being in a car that serve no purpose and wanted to clean up my wiring as much as possible. that being said when hooking all the harness up i accidentely had grounded out a wire (with factory fuse link installed)...when i hooked up the battery i had heard some clicking from the computer area and realized what happened and fixed it...car fired up and idled and ran smooth no issues. later my wideband started reading rich at WOT and only at WOT. wideband was great at idle and cruise and car ran smooth... cleaned my wideband sensor then reading were all over. i plan to get a new sensor but wondering if there is anyway to determine if chip was messed up or computer? car is down for now due to a blown headgasket so trying to see what else i should look into.

thanks

s-trim, f303, 60lbers, ba2400, tubular gt40, 70mm tb, Hi-6, 5 lug cobra disc swap, MM road and track w/stifflers FIT, spyder brace, safety loop, FRPP driveshaft, 3:73s, mac shortys, o/r prochamber, spintech ss super prostreet 9000s, custom: interior, rear seat delete, gauge lighting, gauge pods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
what wire exactly?

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement