1994 1995 adjustable fan control - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2002, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 1995 adjustable fan control

any way to get the fan to come on around 160....does anybody make a adjustable thermostat or anything...200 just seems ludicrous to me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2003, 09:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Yes. Hayden. They make electric fans and remote or aux coolers. I bought mine from a local Hot Rod Shop. Around $40 for a fan controller. It is a nice kit that uses one of the factory intake water plugs.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2003, 01:09 AM

Re: adjustable fan control???

Quote:
Originally posted by 94Fauxbra
any way to get the fan to come on around 160....does anybody make a adjustable thermostat ......
AutoZone of equivalent sell a universal fan sensor kit that you could wire in with a relay. Be sure to use a relay, as the cooling fan draws considerable power and will easily burn up a sensor without a relay. One thing to rembember, though, is the thermostat sets the engine temperature, not the fan setting. For example, you could have the fan running all the time, but the motor will maintain whatever the thermostat setting is. To reduce engine temp, you;ll need to change the thermostat and lower the fan turn on temperature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-03-2003, 10:06 AM

Re: adjustable fan control???

Quote:
Originally posted by 94Fauxbra
any way to get the fan to come on around 160....does anybody make a adjustable thermostat or anything...200 just seems ludicrous to me
Besides the ones that have been mentioned, Pro-M makes a pretty nice fan controller that won't require any new sensors cluttering up that engine bay.

You could also change the fan control with a chip or EEC Tuner / TwEECer

I have mine coming on lower via my TwEECer R/T.

Shawn

'06 Mercury Montego - FWD, 6-Speed ATX, Premier package
'02 Volkswagon Jetta GLS TDI - mods & MPG!
'95 Mustang GT Convertible 5Sp - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement