Need help with starter removal/installation 2003 mustang 3.8L v6 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Exclamation Need help with starter removal/installation 2003 mustang 3.8L v6

Hi everyone, I've recently had to pull my starter and have new brushes and solenoid installed. Ford told me to remove the solenoid wires and then remove the mounting bolts which was impossible for lack of room! They sent me the ford service procedure and that said the same thing. I finally had to remove the nut that holds the starter wiring harness to the frame or the engine mount then pull the starter down and then remove the wires. Now when I've tried to install it the flex tubing wants to bunch up and I can't get the starter lined up to install on the bell housing/engine. Can anyone tell me how I should go about installing it? I thought the harness may have been routed under the engine mount under the aluminum part of it, but it may have got pushed up when I was pulling the starter out. Does anyone have a picture of how that harness is routed? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf [Untitled].pdf (429.9 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2016, 09:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
two threads on this?

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement