T-Rex wiring - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
T-Rex wiring

I'm in the process of installing the T-Rex on my 94 Cobra and have a few questions. The instructions state that the yellow wire from the relay goes to the purple/green wire from the fuel pump wiring harness, and that this wire may be brownish green on some models. The fuel pump harness on my car has four wires; 2 are black, 1 is yellow, and 1 is brown. Which one of these do I splice the yellow wire into?
Also, your suppose to route the long red wire from the relay to the fuse panel under the hood, with an in-line fuse in between. Does this wire just go to a switched 12V source, and if so, can I just splice this into the power wire on my MSD Digital-6 ignition?

94 Cobra
363 Stroker with S-Trim coming 2019;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2002, 12:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
cant remember the color of the stock fuel pump +12v lead. ill check tommorrow if you remind me. as for the wiring for the relay. the above connection will be one side of your relay coil (wired with approx 16-18 guage wire) and the other side will be chassis ground. the normally open relay contact will need to be AT LEAST 10 guage highly stranded wire ran directly from your battery. this wire will need an inline fuse approx. 8" from the battery. the other side of the contact will be the same large wire as described above to the +12v connection on the pump. now all you have left is the 0v or ground connection on the pump itself. dont skimp here either. use the same large wire as the rest of the wiring and land it on a good chassis ground.

Last edited by 95steeda002; 11-30-2002 at 01:00 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2002, 12:53 AM
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator

Trader Feedback: (2)
I just replied to your PM. Take my and 95Steeda002's advice on the inline fuse. I have mine located about the same spot 95Steeda002 recommends.

Troy

Troy
1995 Mustang Cobra
347ci 10.52 @ 127.74 NA-Pump Gas (gone)
New Project in the works.
2009 F150 Lariat *tow truck*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement