Car wont start. Always blows a fuse... Help please - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Car wont start. Always blows a fuse... Help please

My car refuses to start, and everytime i turn the key, it blows the fuse in cavity E of the power box that controls the EEC, fuel pump, canister Purge Soleniod, IAC soleniod, fuel injector, and MAF sensor.. So basically, the car wont run because it has no fuel pump and no EEC. It always pops when the black connector (one of the three ones in front of the EEC) is plugged in, reguardless of whether or not the EEC is plugged in (meaning the EEC is not bad). Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that connector so i can follow it? Or has anyone experienced something similar and they know what it is??? I believe i have a short somewhere, but i dont know where to start looking. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

ttt

post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 11:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Not sure if this will help but this link has some good wiring diagrams for our cars. Look at "94 95 constant control relay module" and "94 95 eec-IV pinout".

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tweecer/files/Other/

**you will need to have a yahoo ID so you can sign in**

Last edited by 94cobra2615; 11-25-2002 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

I got the car running. I pulled out the alarm and everything is perfect now. The guy who installed it (for the guy who owned it before me) did a really ghetto job, and i guess it was shorting something out. Thanks for your help, and i hope this problem doesnt show up again.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

The car started blowing the fuse again. Any ideas? It ran for 45 min, i parked it twice, and the second time it wouldnt start again.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2002, 11:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
You have a short somewhere.....you're gonna have to get a test light and start poking wires. I had the same problem with my headlights awhile back.....started poking wires and found the short. Somehow two wires got pinched and it wasn't flowing much current. Replaced the wires and everything is fine. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement