Electric Fan - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-16-2002, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Electric Fan

Engine temps started getting into the high end of the normal range. When I stopped and popped the hood. I found that the fan was not on. Thought maybe the fan died.

Anyway, I turned on the A/C and the high speed came on and cooled the rad off quickly. I turned the A/C off and the fan stayed on. Car stayed cool for a while.

Later after getting on it, the temp climbed back up and the fan stayed off. Turned on the A/C and the temp dropped again.

Is something wrong with the fan temp switch????

Thinking of doing the self-test with the code reader to find out if something is wrong.

2013 Ford Explorer XLT
2007 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Supercab 4x4
Supercharged 1994 GT 5.0 vert - sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-16-2002, 08:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
You have read about the CCRM recall for the sn95s?

It is really about the stock fan bearings wearing out and dragging, causing over-drawing electricity and melting the wires and connector to the fan. This happened in my case. You might take a look at the connector to your fan to see if it is brittle, dry and charred. I think the symptom is intermittent fan operation, it was for me anyway.

I installed a Mark VIII fan to remedy the situation. It is a bit tricky for blower installs, a lot of trimming, etc., but doable.

The Mark VIII fan has the same 3 plug receptor as the stock sn95 fan and my computer controls it just the same. It is just an oversized replacement part requiring some fabrication to mount.

HTH

post #3 of 5 Old 10-16-2002, 10:21 PM

Hey 94 Vert,

Do you have any pics of your radiator set up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-16-2002, 10:34 PM

No pics...
I can tell you that I used some lightweight flat metal braces to relocate the Mark VIII top-side mounting holes to the stock radiator.
I mounted the fan right-side up and placed it on the radiator as far towards the passenger side as it would go.
I flipped the overflow tube backwards and mounted it on the driver's side of the fan.
The overflow tank required a lower mount to be fabricated which bolted onto the driver's side radiator mounting tang and had a slot for the overflow tank tongue. I lashed the top of the overflow tank to the radiator fill tube neck for now.
Buried the speedometer and no problems yet.
The fan does extend a good 3 or 4 inches below the stock radiator, and I intend to find a sturdy plastic "board" to fasten there to box in the shroud.
I did not have to trim any plastic at all.
I had already cut off my fan connector and installed the female connector ends on the 3 wires, but this fan looks like the stock connector would fit right on it.
It works great.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-17-2002, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Thanks for the info. I'll take a closer look at the fan wiring again.

Any idea where I can find out more info on the CCRM recall?

The dealer won't tell me unless I ask.

2013 Ford Explorer XLT
2007 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Supercab 4x4
Supercharged 1994 GT 5.0 vert - sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement