Ashtray switches - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Ashtray switches

Has anyone bought UPR's billet ashtray switch setup? Does it come with switches, or just the billet piece? Otherwise i'm looking at Anderson's, which comes with 4 switches.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2002, 09:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
The Anderson piece is a nicer photo.

Hey, you should put a boost adjustment knob in your ashtray compartment for the turbo setup!

I still have one in mine from when I had a turbo... I also have the MSD BTM knob in there...

post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2002, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

My issue is that i want to keep the cigarette lighter in there, cause when I tune the car we use both power sources (the one in the ashtray and the one in front of the shifter). So, I need to have at least two switches, and an area that I can mount a potentiometer for my weldon fuel pump controller. It'd be cool to have the boost controller in there too, but i'm not worried about that. Right now, i'm opening my center console constantly to access my fuel pump controller, and I am about to install a line-loc as well. So it would be nice if the fuel pump controller switch, the potentiometer for the fuel pump voltage, and the line loc switch were all in there. I'll probably end up making something myself, granted it wont be as pretty as these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2002, 03:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I do not have either of those. The one I have is made by painless wiring and is similiar to the anderson one, but the switches are not horizontal they are vertical. the painless one also came with like 25 feet of color coded wire, all of it preterminated for the switches which made it nice to not have to come up with the wire.

1995 Mustang GT convertible. CCM 327 stroker, Roush 200 heads, x-303 cam, GT-40 upper and lower intakes, Edelbrock 70MM throttle body, Pro-M 75MM mass air meter, FRPP equal length shorty headers, MSD digital 6 ignition, MSD distributor, MSD coil, Fluidyne aluminum radiator, NOS dry kit with .52 jet.

380 RWHP/449 RWTQ
post #5 of 5 Old 10-06-2002, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

i'm making my own switch panel... i decided on making a panel with 3 rocker switches and a 1/4" hole for a potentiometer. Should be exactly what I need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement