Headlights not working - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Headlights not working

Well I got into my car last night and my headlights(both) were not working. The parking lights still come on and so does everything else, but the headlights themself dont come on. Both high beams work too. Well I doubt that BOTH bulbs conked out on me at the same time. Do you guys think it's the headlight switch? Ive always had to change that on my fox cars. Thanks in advance.

94 Oxford White GT. 18" Saleen wheels with BFG Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, etc. 89 Oxford White Notchback. Chrome Pony Wheels, Full exhaust, Pulleys, yadda yadda yadda, 94 GT Vert (Stockish cruiser)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 09:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
The switches in these damn sn95's suck. I've had to replace the switch in one of my 95's twice and now I'm having intermittant headlight problems with my cobra... What the hell is wrong with these things and why have they never recalled them?

"The Board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last...
The Great Battle of our time." Gandalf the White
---------------------------
1995 Cobra - Where to start???
post #3 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Well I know the switches suckes @ss in the foxes, I just didnt think they sucked for the SN95s. Also with my fox I would have intermitent problems with the headlights, this time they just stopped one day with no warning and never came back.

94 Oxford White GT. 18" Saleen wheels with BFG Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, etc. 89 Oxford White Notchback. Chrome Pony Wheels, Full exhaust, Pulleys, yadda yadda yadda, 94 GT Vert (Stockish cruiser)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 10:07 AM

Mine are coming and going right now but it's just the headlights and the fog lights. The rear lights and the parking lights are still working just fine. I'm going to ford this week to drop another 25 bucks on a new switch...

post #5 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Well the harness usually gets burnt up too. With me, every other light works but my headlights. 25 bucks aint too bad though, the fox switches were like 50-60 bucks.

post #6 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 12:29 PM

Well the 25 is just for the switch. I'm not sure how much it's going to be if I have to buy the harness as well...

post #7 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 12:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
On mine, I pull the switch all the way out and get just the headlights. I then push it in slightly and the parking/tail/dash lights come on.
What we won't do to drive a musclecar....
post #8 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 12:44 PM

check your bulbs, they may both be burnt out. I know it sounds odd, but it happened to me once, like a surge or something blew them both out.

In Loving Memory, My Son, Anthony Michael Starr 08/14/2007 - 01/21/2008

- 95 GT - Aluminum Heads, Cam, TMoss Cobra intake, S-trim, SCT BA2400, 55's, Longtubes, McLeod bell, TKO-600, 3.55's, etc
- 02 GT (Wife's Toy) - Auto, 4.10's, Lowered, Off Road X, Predator Tuner - [email protected]
post #9 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by StarrMan
check your bulbs, they may both be burnt out. I know it sounds odd, but it happened to me once, like a surge or something blew them both out.
Actually it may not be that odd seeing that my headlights gave me no warning whatsoever before the burnt out. Usually when the switches go out they will act up and the lights will blink then eventually fail.

post #10 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by japsche
On mine, I pull the switch all the way out and get just the headlights. I then push it in slightly and the parking/tail/dash lights come on.
What we won't do to drive a musclecar....
I don't quite understand that statement. Because we drive a V8 "muscle" car that means our electronics are #####ty? It took the mechanic a week to trace down an electrical problem with my girl's Honda, on my sister's eclipse, the taillights kept flickering on and off and eventually failed.....so does that mean her car is a POS?

post #11 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 01:53 PM

Time to duck and run for cover... It's about to get REAL ugly in here

post #12 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mkurpicski
Time to duck and run for cover... It's about to get REAL ugly in here
Nah, I'm not like that. I want to stick to the topic. Anyways, I just walked out to the parking lot to look at my light bulbs, omg they look like a pain to get to. Do I need a special tool to remove those clips or will they come off gracefully with a screw driver?

post #13 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 02:28 PM

Steeda90GT,

I means whatever you (or I) want it to mean. I love my car.
I saw a sense on humor for cheap on Ebay, if you're interested...
post #14 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 02:48 PM

No actually it's REAL easy... I picked up a trim puller at autozone but those center pieces will actully just pull up with your hand if you get a decent grip around them, if not just use a screwdriver to pull up the center piece and then the hole clip comes right out.

post #15 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by japsche
Steeda90GT,

I means whatever you (or I) want it to mean. I love my car.
I saw a sense on humor for cheap on Ebay, if you're interested...
such a comedian, you're about as funny as a truckload of dead babies dude.

post #16 of 17 Old 10-02-2002, 05:24 PM

to just get to the headlight, remove that plastic screw and pull that flap up, then unplug and remove the collar holding the bulb in.

In Loving Memory, My Son, Anthony Michael Starr 08/14/2007 - 01/21/2008

- 95 GT - Aluminum Heads, Cam, TMoss Cobra intake, S-trim, SCT BA2400, 55's, Longtubes, McLeod bell, TKO-600, 3.55's, etc
- 02 GT (Wife's Toy) - Auto, 4.10's, Lowered, Off Road X, Predator Tuner - [email protected]
post #17 of 17 Old 10-03-2002, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I feel very embarrased but yesterday I decided to pull a bulb from my 89 coupe and put it into my 94 GT and voila!! I have lights again. Strange though, BOTH lights went out on me...never had that happened to me before. In addition, it was just the low beam on each bulb, the high beams are fine... The thing that still puzzles me is that The filaments arent broken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement