battery relocation kill switches. where did you mount yours? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-01-2002, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
battery relocation kill switches. where did you mount yours?

finally gonna get around to mounting my kill switch. where did you guys mount yours? the best thing i can think of is through the bumper by the license plate. it's a summit/moroso style switch. pics and tips would be great. any help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-01-2002, 11:52 AM

my favorite way is mounting it behind the plate, using 3/4" or so spacers between the plate and the trunk lid. then just take the plate off at the track.. but leave the switch accessable with the plate on too..

post #3 of 5 Old 10-01-2002, 12:02 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
I plan on doing it behind the plate also, but have yet to install a kill switch since I relocated the battery.

I'd also like to see some other setups on some SN95 cars as well.

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-01-2002, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

with a fox, mounting it behind the plate looks easy. but since the license plate moves with the trunk on our cars, it looks tricky. space the plate out and mount the switch in the bumper so that the plate hides it when it's down, or mount the switch directly to the trunk somehow, run longer cables for slack so the trunk can open and space the plate? i dunno i might just leave the fugger visible. still like to see some pics though.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-01-2002, 04:56 PM

KILL SWITCH!!!

I PURCHASED A FLAMIMG RIVER 18 INCH PUSH/PULL SWITCH ROD THAT HOOKS TO THE SWITCH WHILE ITS STILL IN THE TRUNK. AND IT IS DETACHABLE. SO WHEN YOU ARE AT THE TRACK ITS ON AND OFF WHEN YOU ARENT. I HAD TO DRILL A SMALL HOLE IN THE LINE BELOW THE ACTUAL TRUNK TO RUN THE ROD TO. SO IF THERE WAS A NEED FOR IT ALL THE STAGER GUY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS PUSH IT IN TO KILL THE CAR. IT WORKS FOR ME. I HAD A PROBLEM WITH RUNNING IT TO THE TRUNK LIKE ON A FOX, BUT LIKE YOU SAID THE TRUNK LIFTS. I HAD THE CABLE COME UNDONE ONCE AND HIT THE FLOOR OF THE TRUNK AND CONTACTED A GROUND. SO I LOOKED FOR A BETTER/SAFER WAY TO DO THAT. AND THEN I FOUND THIS KIT. IT IS A FLAMING RIVER, I BOUGHT IT FROM JEGS, PART NUMBER 710-74105, PUSH/PULL KIT, $45.99. I LIKE IT AND IT WORKS GREAT. BUT THOSE ON A BUDGET MIGHT NOT THINK SO. SO IF YOU GO THROUGH THE TRUNK, BE CAREFUL THAT IT DOESNT POP OFF AND HIT A GROUND.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement