manual fan switch Moved from 94/95 Tech) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2002, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
manual fan switch Moved from 94/95 Tech)

ok, the guy that had the car before me wired up a switch on the inside of the car to turn the fan on/off. it is wired up as a 2nd foglight switch that replaces the little coin holder thing for the coupes. the switch stopped working, so i am assuming the switch went bad. i am assuming that it is getting power off of the normal foglight switch because some of the wires are clipped into there. is there any kind of cheap toggle switch i could pick up from radio shack and redo the wires to get the fan to work with a switch again?

there is only 1 wire that runs into the engine bay and connects to a wire coming from a wiring harness near the radiator. i think i have some pics so i will look for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-26-2002, 10:57 PM

There should be just one wire running from one of the poles on the switch to the #17 wire going into ccrm. The other pole of the switch is probably clipped into the ground of the foglight or cig. lighter. Just buy any toggle switch with two poles and wire it up. The only variation could be if there is some kind of LED in the mix.

1994 cobra # 1067
white ex./black leather int.
-Crane 2031 cam
-Bullit suspension
-BBK off road h-pipe
-basani cat-back
-superchips power chip
-mac cold air induction
-frpp king cobra clutch
-18" konig wheels with nitto 555zr
- 3:73 Ford racing gears
-Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft
-Auburn HD limited slip diff.
- 75 mm bullet MAF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-26-2002, 11:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
I have the high speed fan wired up, but does anyone know which is the wire on he CCRM harness that grounds the low speed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-26-2002, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

ok, i went out and looked further into it tonight. i was just posting off of the last time i looked at it about a month ago.

here are some pics.

this one is under the center console with the 2 foglight switches. there are 4 wires coming from the fan switch.
1 green one, goes to a green and black wire on the wire harness (is this the CCRM harness?) and you can see that in the second picture. then there are 1 wire which goes to i am assuming the ground since it is ran off to a bolt on the frame of the car.
then there are 2 other blue wires that clip into 2 of the wires on the foglight switch. i am assuming this is where it gets power from? or what are they for.

this pic just shows the green wire being clipped into the black/green wire at the harness by the radiator and fan.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-27-2002, 02:00 PM

Does your foglight switch light up when the switch is pressed? The wires that are connected under the switch should be the power source for the little amber light. The green/purple wire that is tapped on the CCRM is the ground for the high speed fan, there's no 12v power running to it.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-27-2002, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

so you are saying that the 2 wires running to the actual fog light switch wires are just for the light? i noticed that when the fan actually worked via the switch, the light never came on. after the fan stopped working, i played around with the wires connecting to the fan switch and i unplugged one of them (forget which one) and the light came on when the switch was on.

so, why does the fan work if it is only wired into the ground? i am confused on how the guy had the whole switch set up.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-28-2002, 01:17 PM

I think there is constant 12v running to the fan via the CCRM and it's only when you switch the ground that te power makes a circuit to flow through and activate the fan. At least this is how I'm running it off the tapped green/purple wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement