Built motor and now the Mach 460 doesn't work - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2002, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Built motor and now the Mach 460 doesn't work

Ok, I just installed heads, cam, intake, ect, and I connected all the factory grounds to the motor. Radio just keeps seeking and won't stop, like the antenna isn't plugged in. If I manually adjust stations it's fine but it just keeps seeking. The factory radio/cd player works off grounds that slide on the tab behind the radio and cd player. I told my buddy about the problem and he told me to get an antenna adapter that plugs in the antenna behind the glove box and plugs directly into the radio, just like the aftermarket radio's have but still same problem. It was not like this before and I haven't messed with anything in the car. Anyone have this problem and if so how the hell did u fix it. IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2002, 03:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
how is your radio reception when you manually tune it? Typically it will only do that if it can't find a signal strong enough to lock on...

check if the antenna is screwed down tight, make sure there aren't any broken wired from the radio to the antenna.

When was the last time you actually had to use the scan on it? I know personally I set my radio once then never touch it again unless I disconnect the battery...also, are you only trying this in the garage or something like that? If the car hasn't moved while you have been trying this, maybe the spot your at has bad reception.

If none of this pans out, you may just be looking at a radio going out...the guy doing the warranty work on my Stang says he sees lots of them come back with wacky stereo problems.

-Gary
SOLD: 2003 White GT
flowmasters, UPR Blue Thunder shifter, UPR O/R X-pipe, 4:30 gears, tuned by modularpowerhouse
post #3 of 3 Old 09-20-2002, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Ok, the stations come in fine when I manually tune it. I'm not sure about the reception but every other car at my house seems to work fine. I'll check the antenna today, because I have taken it off a few times because of the car cover and I'll check the antenna wire. It worked before that's what doesn't make sense to me. Either way I have another tape player I can pop in there and see if it works. Thanks for the response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement