Fan circuit and hi/low speed controller toast - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2002, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Fan circuit and hi/low speed controller toast

Let me explain the story first:

I went and had the fan recall done a few months ago. Car started to run hotter. I had an appointment at JMS to have a dyno tune and the second we got the car on the dyno it overheated and boiled anitfreeze all over the place. We let it cool down for over an hour and got ready to begin to dyno it. Chris noticed that the fan would come on, stay on for about 5-10 seconds, and then turn off. He figured out it was the stupid relay box Ford had done for the recall. He took it off and the fan worked great except the low speed for the fan had crapped out. So Chris just set the high fan to come on at a lower temp.

Anyway, car has run great since except on a couple of occasions it would get pretty hot. Well, it bit the dust the other day on the highway. No fan at all. I thought the car was going to burst into flames it was so freakin hot. Got home and the circuit(?) to the fan motor was smoking(Luckily I carry a small fire extinguisher in the back seat). Put out what was sure to be a fire. No doubt this is what the recall was for.

My question is what parts do I need to get to redo the electric part of the cooling system? I have heard that the CCM(?) is what controls the hi/low speed for the fan. Is that true? I guess I need a new one.

Does anyone know the part number for the circuit to the fan motor? Problem is, do I get a new one that may do the same damn thing the old one did?

Do I need any other parts to get it working right again?

Sorry for the long post but my car is completely out of comission until I get all of this fixed. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Mook

1995 GT
Rising from the ashes...
Plans: Built 331
Best time: 13.30 @ 106
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-08-2002, 02:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Do a search on this subject because I thought I read a response a couple months ago where the guy had the same thing happen to him. I believe that he took the car back to ford and got a whole new fan assm. Anyway that's what I would do is take it back and make them fix it right. Good luck.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2002, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll have to call Ford and check on that. I have the feeling that they are going to say it is my fault for taking the "fix" off of the car. I guess I'll find out.

Mook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-10-2002, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Angry just what I thought

Ford dealer says it is my fault for taking the part off. They will not replace anything without me paying for it.

So can anyone answer any of my initial questions?

Thanks,

Mook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement