1994 1995 w/ battery kill switch - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2002, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
1994 1995 w/ battery kill switch

I ordered a moroso 74101 battery kill switch for my trunk mounted battery today. The guy at summit told me all I need to do is run a power wire from my + battery lead to the switch, then run a ground somewhere, or run the - term on the switch to the - term on the battery..is this all that needs to be done?
A friend of mine said something about running a wire to an alternator terminal, then another to the starter solenoid.
So how have you other 94-95 guys installed your kill switches?

Thanks

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

2014 Shelby GT00- Oxford White/Sonic Blue Stripes
1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021 - SOLD
8.8:1 comp. Dart 331, Procharger D1 16psi, AFR 185, Edelbrock RPM II, custom cam, TKO, Glenns 1000hp fuel system.
690rwhp on Mustang dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2002, 09:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
If only it was that simple! I have a 94 Mustang Gt and installed a Moroso Battery Box and Battery Disconnect Switch. I was ready to run the Positive lead from the switch to the Solenoid at the Starter when I realized it not that simple!If you look closely at your OEM Battery Positive Cable,you will see it runs to the Solenoid,but approx. 8" away from the Battery you also have tied into that same positive cable....the Alternator wire,plus your Power Distribution Box. Therefore,you have to also connect these to the posiive side of your battery!You must also run the Ground Wire all the way back to the front Oem location,which is just next to the oil filter location.otherwise you will encounter many,many electrical problems!This is why I STOPPED DOING ALL THE CONNECTIONS UNTIL FURTHER INVESTIGATION! YOU MUST READ THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF 5.0 MUSTANG & SUPER FORDS ....Trunk-Mount That Battery!YOu will then truly understand what I am saying!

post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2002, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Wow, that sounds like a true pain. My setup right now is a little different than stock so far. There is only one wire + going to the distribution box right now, the other I discarded. The other + is going directly to the starter. So, I don't know how I am going to run this, especially since I have no room at all left on the power distribution box terminal for another wire.

anyone else done this?

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021
Sponsored Links
Advertisement