1994 1995 electric fan motor - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-13-2002, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 1995 electric fan motor

I think someone said the Mark VIII fan motor was the same as on the Mustangs fan motor, the blades were just different. Does anybody know about the Taurus fan motors? Are these the same 2 speed motors that come on the '94-'95 Mustang fans? If not, are they still interchangeable?

Thanks,
Frank

For everyone in South Florida, come check out the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

13.1 @ 105.7 mph (N/A)
12.3 @ 112.5 mph (100 shot)
12.1 @ 115.7 mph (125 shot)

All times are with Nitto Drag Radials.

"Women come and go, but a good car is hard to find. Wait.... no I said that right ."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-01-2002, 10:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
God, I hope not.

The CCRM recall for the sn95s has been described as actually a problem with the fan motor.

Here is what Tom C says:

Fan Recall Fires....
I have had 2 separate fires (one before the recall) and one afterwards. Here's the deal...

1. Fan unit is POS, the bearings lock up, the fan motor overheats, melts the connectors, starts burning.

Fords answer? Install a circuit breaker! Not install a better grade fan motor.

The first fire occured at 50K and I extinguished in before anyother damage occured (not easy since the radiator is so close.. it will melt quickly!)

As there was no recall yet I raised hell with the dealership and Ford... there was a recall out for the Cougars and Taurus's already for this problem. Very quickly this changed to include the pony. Ford is reimbursing me for the replacement motor (NAPA, 87 bucks). Ford only sells the fan/motor/shroud unit ($250).

Second fire occured a month ago, 100K! LOL This time I replaced the whole fan/shroud/motor ensemble from Stangparts.com ($199). I tried replacing the motor alone but the fan was developing a rub.

Ford says they won't reimburse me because the car was at 104K and the recall only covers up to 100K. The recall was issued when I had 97 and myy ealer didn't get the parts in before 100K. I have contacted NHTSA and Ford about this and we are "in negotiations". LOL

The problem isn't in the relay, its the fan motor bearing. Good luck all!

I say replace the stock unit, and if the famed Mark VIII fan shares the same motor, avoid it at all costs.

I have had more than my share of continuing problems with my sn95 electric fan and this fire problem.

Last edited by 94GTVert; 09-01-2002 at 11:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement