Fuel pump wont prime... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Fuel pump wont prime...

I just installed a BBK 255 in my car it was new out of the packaging and when i turn the key on it wont prime the pump. I dropped the tank again and checked all the connections it looks good. It had a 190 in it so i didnt have to change the wire plug that came with the pump. The relay is new and i can hear it click when i turn the key on. Is there another fuse i should check? Or anything i can check. If anyone has a pic of the wire connector that is at the back of the tank that goes to the pump and knows what pins are witch so i can put power and ground to them and make sure the pump works that would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Check your inertia switch.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I did its fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Have you checked for power at the fuel pump relay?

The red wire should have 12 volts when the key is on.
The computer provides ground for the relay on the Tan/light green wire. If you hear the relay clicking I assume both of these are good.

The black/orange wire has battery power, and it should always read + volts. Even if the relay works, no juice in means no juice out.

Finally the Pink/black wire is what sends power to the fuel pump. If everything above checks out and the relay is good, you should have power on the pink/black wire briefly after turning the key on.

That power passes through the inertia switch then to the fuel pump. The fuel pump is just 2 wires, power and ground.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Yes it all has power and i unplugged the wires at the back of the tank and put power and ground to it and the pump just makes a click sound and does not run. When i put the 190lph pump back in it all works fine so i am ordering a new 340lph pump tomorrow if bbk does not warranty this pump for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement