Hayden 3647 Fan Controller - Help! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hayden 3647 Fan Controller - Help!

I just installed the Hayden controller on my 93 cobra and I can't seem to get it to turn on. I checked and double checked my grounds. In line fuse is fine and relay seems fine. Not quite sure what the hold up is. I tapped into the Red/Lt Grn wire coming off the ignition module (which is hot in run or start) for my ignition signal wire (yellow). Anybody ever installed one of these or have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm fairly certain that everything is wired properly. Any help is appreciated.

Here's my schematic (these are wires coming off the relay) -
Red - power - connected to positive of battery
Black - ground - grounded to chassis
Orange - power output to fan - connected to positive of fan
Blue - secondary power output to fan (for mulitple fans) - grounded to negative of battery
Green - A/C Clutch signal (turns fan on when A/C on) - tied off/taped up
Yellow - Ignition signal - tapped into red/lt grn coming into distributor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358R View Post
Blue - secondary power output to fan (for mulitple fans) - grounded to negative of battery
Is this a single fan or dual fan set up? Has the Blue wire been grounded or what has been done with the Blue wire?

What happens if you connect the yellow wire directly to battery positive as a test?

Where did you attach the sensor?

Last edited by wmburns; 06-13-2012 at 07:57 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Blue wire was grounded but is now capped off per Hayden tech support. Finally got those guys on the phone late yesterday. Went through all the diagnostics with their tech support and then called in reinforcements (my friend who is an electrician) just to make sure I wasn't crazy and/or didn't miss anything. Looks like it's just a bad unit. I aslo noticed another problem after I turned it over..."Made in China".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement