302 Fuel Injected Swap - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-29-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
302 Fuel Injected Swap

My project car isnt a mustang. It is a 76 280Z. I have plans for a 5.0 install with t5. I have no experience with wiring other then the basics. I have never dealt with engine harnesses.

My question is... How simple is this? All gauges will be replaced/new. all interior wiring and in dash wiring will be new. I am practically starting with just a shell.
When you have a engine harness, cpu, and complete 5.0l, is it practically a plug and go swap? Plug in all connectors to find the cpu. Then power of course...
Or will it require alot of splicing and deleting due to completely different emission requirements? Forgive the lack of knowledge, just wanting to gather an idea on what I will be up against before I go Junk yard engine pulling in this heat!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode