Passenger power window - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Passenger power window

My passenger power window will not work. The fuses are good, the motor works when a 12v power source is put to it and to where the window switch is plugged in, and I just got 3 brand new switches from Ford.

Any ideas?

2002 GT

Thanks for any help
Greg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 09:58 AM

I'm assuming the driver's window works.

Does the passenger window not work at all or will it work in one direction?

OBTW, Just wondering how you know the window fuses are good? I ask because the windows are protected by circuit breakers.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Yes, the drivers window works just fine.

Well... its in the up postion now. When I put power to it it will go up or down. If I try to use a switch it will not work either way.

The only way I can tell if the fuse (CB) under the dash is good is by pulling it and trying to use the driver window. The fuse (CB) under the hood I can pull and look at.

Thanks for the reply.

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 PM

The circuit breaker is F2.43 and it protects all of the windows. So if the driver's window works, then the CB is good.

I'm going to assume that all of the switches have been replaced. So that leaves a wiring issue between the driver's switch and the passenger switch. Remember that the passenger's window power passes through the driver's side.

Start by confirming +12 volts at the passenger's side PK wire. If no voltage, there is a wiring break on the PK wire back to the battery junction box. Try injecting +12 to the PK wire to see if the window starts working.

Next we need to Ohm out the WH/YL and TN/LB wire between the passenger and driver's side. Post.

This will tell us where to look next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement