headlight switch problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
headlight switch problem

the other day i was driving and my dash, taillights and hvac lights all went out but my headlights stayed on
figured it was my switch so i replaced that today
now it does the same thing as it did but if i slightly push the headlight button in my headlights go out and fogs,drl,tails,hvac and dash lights all come on but as soon as i pull it all the way out again they all go out other than the headlights

any help would be appreicated
thanks
nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Check the dimmer switch?

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

dimmer switch works when pushed in barely past when the headlights come on.....even turns on the dome light....just cant get the headlights to stay on with the drl,fogs,dash hvac or vice versa....but when you first pull out the switch on the first click nothing comes on when the drls are supposed to...everything comes on except headlights just inbetween the first click and second click
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98dropta View Post
dimmer switch works when pushed in barely past when the headlights come on.....even turns on the dome light....just cant get the headlights to stay on with the drl,fogs,dash hvac or vice versa....but when you first pull out the switch on the first click nothing comes on when the drls are supposed to...everything comes on except headlights just inbetween the first click and second click
Did you ever figure out what the problem was Im having the same issue with mine now.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2015, 02:45 AM

Ok so I was installing raxiom sequential tail light kit in my 01 GT. the lights were working for a minute, but shortly after, one of the wires from my harness got burned up, and I could smell it, melted the wire. Now my tail lights, dash lights, and parking lots won't work. I've replaced the damaged wire, and I don't think that's part of the problem. Whenever I pull my headlight switch out barely past the parking lights spot (in b/t that and the head light spot) I get every one of my lights to come on as normal. I replaced the switch with a Duralast one from auto zone, and still have the same problem. Is the switch still my problem? Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement