DAMAGED IGNTION Switch Connector wiring - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Exclamation DAMAGED IGNTION Switch Connector wiring

How to repair? Two issues...

1. One of the heavier gauge wires is totally severed and dosen't have enough length to conventionally splice, or repair. Would it be safe to splice in a totally seperate wire of the same gauge to each end, so I have enough lenght?

2. There are also two wires that have the entire circumference of the insulation stipped for about 1/4 inch section. This was done so some IDIOT could tap into the circut for power. Not malicious, etc.

How to repair those? Cut, resolder, and heat shrink? ORRRR, could I just use some PERMATEX "liquid electical tape" and fill in the gap areound the completely exposed copper? The copper strands themselves do not appear to be damaged alt all.

I was hoping the permatex solution would work, and I am very nervous about adding an additional length of wire to gain the necessary length...I don't really see any other options other than buying a new harness/ of a repair kit if I can find one....

Thanks in advance.

1994 Mustang Cobra. Stock drivetrain, Hooker Super Comp.'s, catless 2.5 x pipe, Flowmaster 40's dumped before axle. Smog and AC deleted, Eibach springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Liquid tape is fine. Extending the wire is also fine. Solder your connections.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement