wiring diagram for TCS on 1999 cobra? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
wiring diagram for TCS on 1999 cobra?

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the traction control on a 1999 cobra?
when i turn the key the green tire spinning light comes on then back off... when i push the tcs nothing happens
so i took the button out today and whoever had it before me must of tried wiring something into it bc none of the wires are connected
any help would be appreciated
thanks
nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
The only diagram I can find only shows 2 wires and I'm sure there's more, but at least you can know light blue/red is power and black is ground.

Attached Images
File Type: gif 1999 cobra traction control switch diagram.gif (56.4 KB, 52 views)

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #3 of 6 Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

thanks man...i had those two connections made but cant seem to find out which of the other three wires go to pin 3,4,5 of the tcs switch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks so much man!!! gonna try this out in a second
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is the closest thing I could find to some questions I've been trying to figure out about the TCS. We've seen tons of posts about how to permanently disable it, or at least set to OFF by default.

But I'm trying to accomplish the opposite. I want to tap into somewhere in the TCS system to override it so it will pull timing by tricking it into thinking its spinning the tires whenever my wideband air fuel / boost gauge sees conditions outside of the programmable limits, such as a lean condition under boost above 3000 rpm for example. It has a failsafe ground signal output wire that can be used to trigger pretty much anything such as a warning light, two step ignition module, or cut the ECM power. When used with basic relays, you can use that ground signal to do anything, such as supply a high current positive signal, or to interrupt an existing circuit.

Without having to invest in any additional specialty hardware, I really want to take advantage of this feature because I don't want to take any unreasonable risks with my motor that could have otherwise been avoided.

I'd like to try and learn as much as I can about the engine management software and how it may be directly interfaced, without any additional interfaces or adapters besides using basic relays depending on the type of signals the computer needs to see in order for the desired action to take place. I know I'd be able to accomplish more sophisticated tasks if I were to use additional interfaces such as a two-step, timing retard, or rev limiter or ignition interrupt.

My options are:
to cut the power to the ECU only
To interrupt the ignition as a whole
Wire up a warning light
Wire up an audible alarm
Or interface with the TCS by replicating the conditions produced when traction is lost. That will safely pull timing immediately without shutting down the engine entirely.

Or, does anyone else have any better ideas? What specific wires could I interface with to tie into the TCS or anything else worth noting?

Thanks!

Homer

-03 Lincoln Aviator Longblock
-Procharger
-T-56
-A whole bunch of other random crap
-Sounds like a Redneck Truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement