Need advise - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2012, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Need advise

I am trying to figure out how to keep my 87 headlight harness but make it work with foureye headlights. So far the only thing I have come up with is to order a pair of unsealed 4x6 headlights that accept h4 bulbs and splice them into my existing two way lights. Just not sure if the 87 harness is compatiable with the halogen bulbs. They are both a two way bulb just not sure if they will plug right into my existing plugs or will I have to cut my plugs off and wire them to the h4 plugs. The reason for this is that I can't find a good 85 harness to swap for my 87 and I also would like to leave out the two inner lights to use them as a airduct to feed my turbo. So I will need the two outer lights to be two way bulbs ( high and low beam). Does anyone have any experience with these lights and will they work with my 87 harness? Thanks

86 gt ,Proline built 352, ysi, built AOD, Fast fuel management. 550whp at 15psi and no timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
You'll need to splice in the new sockets for the sealed beam headlights, but that's it. It's very straightforward and shouldn't take you very long to do, even the colors match up.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement