#1 injector 91 5.0 not firing - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (24)
#1 injector 91 5.0 not firing

Ok so I'm getting my mustang back running got it buttoned up last night. One small probelm #1 injector isn't firing. I checked the injector it ohms out at 12 ohms swapped it out with another injector no joy. Checked spark spark is good to that plug. Ohmed the wires back to the 10 pin connector 12.4 ohm check contunity both hot and ground .1 ohms. Opened up the male ends of the ten pin connector. Ohmed the wire back to the computer checked ok. opened up the male connector on the computer no joy. The rocker arms are moving up and down. I'm stuck I'm thinking computer is the issue. Any ideas is there a good way to test the computer contunity ohm the circut I didn't see anything on the board of the computer that looked suspcious.
I can post pictures of any possible bad areas. Desperate in Denver thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
id first make sure that the injector is in fact not firing by using a mechanics stethoscope preferably or a long screwdriver/prybar to listen to the injectors and make sure it is or isnt firing. compare the sound of a few to make sure. if it isnt firing id try to get a wire diagram and goto the computer,disconnect and measure resistance of the #1 injector circuit with the injector plugged in. should be within an ohm or two of the injector resistance itself

post #3 of 3 Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (24)
Yeah I already tracked it down to the injector driver it seems like. the the reistance seems ok all the way back the computer. Also the red wire has power to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement