02 Saleen with Electrical Issues Wipers, Radio, Window - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
02 Saleen with Electrical Issues Wipers, Radio, Window

Howdy Fellas...I've had these issues for a week now. Car is an 02 Saleen S281 SC...pretty stock...full exhaust, CIA, WAP Block, pulley, tune...standard stuff. Still has the stock Mach 460 head unit. I daily drive this car and it's been pretty reliable. 150k miles.

The other day on the way to work my stereo just stopped working. Still had the time displayed, but would not power on. Being Ape-Like I started pressing buttons and discovered that it will still load and eject CDs. Figured it just crapped out from being old and started thinking of a new head unit. A couple miles down the road it started to sprinkle rain. I hit the wipers and nothing. Nothing intermittent or slow or fast. I also went to roll down my window and discovered the Auto-Down function is not working.

I checked all associated fuses and relays. Researched online and hsaw there have been issues with the GEM modual. Bought (2) used boxes this weekend and neither fix the issues. Have cleaned the ignition switch modual as I have also read that this can cause these symptoms. I'm at my end with this crap. Whats my next step?

I posted in General Mustang section and got nothing. I'm hoping there is some help here. Every time I have had a question about any of my cars I've just searched the site, but there's nothing useful on this...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (36)
Sounds like module on side of steering column

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

post #3 of 5 Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Sorry not sure what that module is...I've replaced the GEM or Generic Electrical Module with 2 spares I have and got no change. Actually my door locks quit working with the new GEM boxes so I put the original one back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

At MustangParts suggestion I dropped in a new ignition switch today after work and it's still the same. Thanks for trying bro. It's hard to believe with all the members here noone can lend a hand...
post #5 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 05:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Okay.. I have an 02 Mustang, and I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. It is driving me crazy. Is there any solution to this? Please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement