91 marquis harness in 89 vert - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
91 marquis harness in 89 vert

I've done the v8 conversion using a 91 marquis motor and harness. I have no idea what wires/ how many wires I need to splice, eg power, fuel pump relay etc. If anyone has done this or can help id greatly appreciate it. Id hate to use my torquer 2 mani and carb and well u know. Fyi this is an extreme budget swap and I am asc certified and know how to solder and splice wires correctly. Also if any one knows how I can rid myself of 02 and egr. I woukd love to know. I am using marquis pcm also, and do not want to go mass air. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (75)
Speed density harnesses for 87-88 cars are cheap as well as the pcm. Would be alot less headache and a direct swap in. The marq harness does not lay in the car the same and the pcm is in a different location.

Sent from my iPhone

14 F150 FX4 Screw
87 Mustang GT terminator swap
70 Torino GT 429 C6
93 LX Notch 333 glide 3.55
post #3 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If I'm not mistaken I could use the marquis pcm with a mustang harness? I don't have any plastic to buy anythingonline. I'm not new to foxs but I've never messed with engine electronics other tham lighting and audio on a fi car. I don't mind cutting and splicing and lengthening wires, id rather do that for my prides sake but, I am afraid to mess it up. The motor is in my marquid as I'm driving it for wrk but its wrecked, and I believe the rear end is literally going to fall out :/ so perhaps your idea woukd be best as I want to do the swap on the one day off I get a week. Thank you for the insight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 PM

well if your gonna do a swap in one day go with the carb cause youll have one day figuring out the wiring good luck
post #5 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Carbed is out the question. I can't afford a manifold, carb, msd box an dizzy. Wiring is actually really easy, I just don't know what I need to rewire. Fuel injection doesn't scare me, I'm just lost on the o2 sensors and what else I need to rewire for the eec other than fuel pump relay and a positive if there is anything else

90 lx hatch
Unknown everything-_-
post #6 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 PM

thats cool well what exactly are you confused on then
post #7 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Can I use o2 simulators on a auto 02 harness with manual trans, or do I have to get manual one . As for eec will there only be one hot all time, and igntiin wires to splice and fuek pump relay. Or will there be more than just those? The srod only has neutral safety and backup lights plugs so will this trans work with this setup?

90 lx hatch
Unknown everything-_-
post #8 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 PM

personaly i would do what the guy said in post 2 because it would be the best bet
post #9 of 12 Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've decided to buy a sd harness and eec, stil trying to find jumpered wires for clutch pedal. And will purchase 02 simulators so I don't have to drill my headers or h pipe. This is more headache than imagined. By far the pedal assybly is by far the easiest thimg in this swap lol.if i get the harness and pcm... will I have to splice anything ? What's the deal with dash harness? Will it be just a plug in deal?

90 lx hatch
Unknown everything-_-
post #10 of 12 Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (75)
87-88 speed density will plug right up to a 89 dash. 2 connectors at the driver firewall and one connector at the kick panel near the ecm.
What is the deal on o2s? I dont run them on one of my cars. Stays in open loop. This will affect gas mileage somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone

14 F150 FX4 Screw
87 Mustang GT terminator swap
70 Torino GT 429 C6
93 LX Notch 333 glide 3.55
post #11 of 12 Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I don't want to drill and weld on my exhaust I spent hours installing :/ and spent alot on money on. And manual trans have different 02harnesses . From what i read if u run a manual trans on auto 02 harness it will fry the eec. Gas mialage is kinda a concern as this will be a dd ... and I'm trying to do this cheap as I can so I can start building up my 8.8 and brakes to all 12" and go to manual brakes. Slowly building up for a supercharged coyote... probably bout 4 years down the road if my cars keeps being found on road dead . I'm almost considering keeping m 83gt and tearin out its pcm, and my gt40p heads b303 cam n eddie torquer 2 mani and performer carb. My Marquis got crappy milage, even compared to my above combo. Broke the crank in the 83, ballancer rotted. And with the srod it and my clutch pedal switch connecter that I swear is non existant in my car, maybe fi is not the way to go and both my aod trans need rebuilding. One I'm not sure if it can be. Ex gf neutral dropped it at 5500rpm ugh. I'm just trying to stay cost effective now and in the longrun. Got the trans and all in car but motor. This is a tough decision. I need to do so.e callin round bout the eec I have and find that hiding jumper.

90 lx hatch
Unknown everything-_-
post #12 of 12 Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Ive swaped out auto trans for five speed and never changed the 02 harness or even the computer and never had a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement