Aftermarket EFI-Keep OEM Gauges - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
Aftermarket EFI-Keep OEM Gauges

I'm in the process of installing the Holley Dominator EFI and would like to still keep my OEM gauges on my 1991 LX. I know they all feed through the round brown eight pin connector on the drivers side firewall. I have pulled the engine harness apart and traced all of the wires. Im trying to confirm a few questions I have.

1-White/Red wire goes to oil sender-No question here

2-Red/White wire goes to coolant temp sender-No question here

3-Purple/Yellow wire goes to 02 harness-Had it cut before car worked fine, still don't need it-No question here.

4-White/Purple wire goes to 02 harness-Had it cut before car worked fine, still don't need it-No question here.

5-Red/Blue wire went to TFI module start wire-Will not use-No Question here

6-Red/Green wire went to coil positive, TFI run wire and ECU power relay. Will not be using, no question here.

7-Tan/Yellow wire went to coil negative, TFI module and pin 4 in the 60 pin ecu connector-Does this wire connect to coil negative to feed tach signal ??

8-Gray/Red wire went to Self test port, barometric sensor, coolant temp sensor, air temp sensor, egr sensor, tps sensor, and then to pin 46 of the 60 pin ecu connector. This wire appears to ground wire for these sensors, but also appears on diagrams found at veryuseful.com as the ground wire for the neutral safety switch. Do i just ground this wire so the neutral safety switch will still work correctly and start the car??

408 Dart, Fox Lake Vic Jr's, Proformance Racing TH400 , YSI, Holley Dominator EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 AM

I can check mine out tomorrow. I installed the HP efi in my car. I had a lot of trial and error in getting it set up just right. The guys at Holley are cool and real helpful. I freaking love the HP efi. It is by far the best money I have spent on my car. And it made it run like a completely different engine. I cant praise Holley enough for making a bad ass product.

Enough of my rant. Shoot me a pm with your email n number I can look at mine and call you/email you how I did mine.

post #3 of 7 Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

anyone else?

408 Dart, Fox Lake Vic Jr's, Proformance Racing TH400 , YSI, Holley Dominator EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart408 View Post
anyone else?
talk to YELLOWPONEY on ttf, Brad
post #5 of 7 Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Do i need a tach adaptor or just hook the tach wire to the msd tach output on the box? I see that all the pre 86 cars need them, but not sure about this 91.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart408 View Post
Do i need a tach adaptor or just hook the tach wire to the msd tach output on the box? I see that all the pre 86 cars need them, but not sure about this 91.
i have a big stuff 3. for my tach, i went off the MSD box, works fine

91vert: Dart Block, 363 stroker - all forged internals, AFR185s, Trickflow Box-R, 90mm t/b, CI cam, scorpion 1.6's, Kooks 1 3/4" longtubes 3" coll., 3" custom x-pipe, 3" magnaflows w/ tails, 3.73's, Paxton Novi2000, intercooler

670rwhp/655rwtq @ 17psi (belt slip)
post #7 of 7 Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991vert View Post
i have a big stuff 3. for my tach, i went off the MSD box, works fine
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement