2.3 to 5.8 efi wiring help please. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
2.3 to 5.8 efi wiring help please.

I currently have a 1990 2.3l n/a Hatchback, and i am wanting to swap that 4 banger motor with a 351w. i have a pretty good general idea of what i need and what it takes. such as the oil pan kit, headers, and the 28 oz balancer and flex plate. I know it drops right in and everything bolts up. Now heres the real reason why i am posting this thread. Im wanting to keep it efi simply because it seems more straight forward, correct me if im wrong though.. but i dont know about all the wiring for the ecu and all of that, i can get a complete 351w efi motor for 300 dollars. Now with that being said i dont know where to start with the wiring. Would i need a 5.0 computer and haness or would i need the 5.0 HO computer and harness. because ive read in some threads that the HO ecu has the same firing order for the 351w? Im not for sure how much of that is true or not. But any info would be great. I would like to know completly what i need to do with the wiring to get it running and running correctly. Thanks! any info will be grealty appriciated once again. Do i need the full ecu harness and a year specific harness and the engine harness?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Start here:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...d-threads.html

Basically, I would recommend the engine harness(es) -three pieces- from a 5.0 H.O. Mustang. They are readily available. Read that thread, see if a particular year will plug right in. If not, re-pinning is simple, you can use diagrams available free at Mustang FAQ - Wiring, Engine, Air Bag, ABS Home Page and Fuel Injection Technical Library

'97 Mustang GT 5spd
'97 Ranger 5.0 H.O EFI T5
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyzee View Post
Start here:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...d-threads.html

Basically, I would recommend the engine harness(es) -three pieces- from a 5.0 H.O. Mustang. They are readily available. Read that thread, see if a particular year will plug right in. If not, re-pinning is simple, you can use diagrams available free at Mustang FAQ - Wiring, Engine, Air Bag, ABS Home Page and Fuel Injection Technical Library
Good info Ted I needed that myself actually!

Stranger, 2wd, 5.0, t5, gt40s (home ported by me), Ecam, 373, 8.8, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, c&l maf

** Irish Motorsports **
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-16-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
so i would need the full HO ecm harness dash harness and engine harness? i dont really know much about efi swaps. so bare with me please.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (75)
You need the engine harness, injector harness and o2 harness from your year car. Dash harness will work that you have with the correct year engine harness.

Sent from my iPhone

14 F150 FX4 Screw
87 Mustang GT terminator swap
70 Torino GT 429 C6
93 LX Notch 333 glide 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement