Wire I.D help???? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Wire I.D help????

I have an 89 engine harness complete that I removed a couple of years ago...I don't remember cutting anything and it is not in my nature to do so especially when I plan on keeping something. I do not have the car anymore and I do not own a fuelie car to check what these wires are for.

About 6-8" from the firewall grommet on the engine bay side, there is a sticker with part numbers on it. Just after that there is a couple branches of wires. They go to egr vacuum regulator solenoid, thermactor air divertor solenoid, thermactor air bypass solenoid, a fusible link, an ac clutch cycling pressure switch etc. I got these names from a picture in a Haynes manual I have. I looked at the wire schematic in the manual and I'm lost.

Question is I have four wires cut....they are 2 reds, 1 light green with black stripe, and a yellow with red stripe. What are these for? as far as I know this car did not throw codes and it ran decent for a high miler engine.

I'm not a fuelie mustang guy as I have an 85 carb'd car so can anyone please help me out or point me in the right direction to some good wiring schematics?

It's an 89 MAF harness from a 5 speed car....thanks guys

Stock parts 302,E7 heads,bolt down rockers,air gap, 650DP,small HR cam,1&5/8"LT's,bullets dumped, 4.10, 26x10S,2800lbs,TKO500,Team Z
[email protected]+MPH,1.48 60',NEED MORE GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (75)
Pics of the cut area would help and the nearest connectors to it.

Sent from my iPhone

14 F150 FX4 Screw
87 Mustang GT terminator swap
70 Torino GT 429 C6
93 LX Notch 333 glide 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement