Code 18 with 22K ohm resistor - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Code 18 with 22K ohm resistor

So I have had a erratic tach with starting my 93 mustang. No other problems until I installed a CAI/mass air, after doing a base idle reset and thinking all was well, I started to move the car and it died, almost instantly with load. Its not stalling, it just dies.

So pulled codes, got code 18, did a search, and found a lot of discussion about this item, 22k resistor. So it goes from the TFI to coil, and branches off to pin 4 on the EEC.

I tested resistance between the pin on the TFI to the coil, everthing unplugged from its connector and got minimal to no resistance on my meter. If that resistor is good, should I be seeing roughly 22K ohms? Below is a pic, I plan on fabbing up a replacement after a trip to radio shack.

2003 Silver Cobra
1993 notch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode