4 starters on my 1995 GT - BAT light blinking & Starter died again - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2002, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question 4 starters on my 1995 GT - BAT light blinking & Starter died again

My starter went on my 95 GT and I've changed it 4 times in six weeks. Now the fourth starter has been reduced to a click and I am forced to roll start my Mustang. Now I've noticed that when I get on the car, the battery light blinks. My alternator guage is still reading in the normal level, but know something must be wrong beside the starter. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, or if this is a common Problem?
Thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2002, 10:28 AM

Does the battery light stay on? Or just come on and go off?

What makes you sure that the starters have been bad? That seems unlikely for 4 to go bad.

Check all of your grounds. Check the battery cables. Check the grounds again. And then again. Using jumper cables, ground the negative post of the battery to somewhere on the frame to determine if you are getting a good ground. I was having problems with my car a while back. Do a search on my username and look back a month or so ago. Good luck.

Welcome to the Corral!

Erik
'94 Cobra #2182
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2002, 01:55 PM

yeah, triple check the grounds. I did the same thing a while ago and it turned out to be a loose ground at the block- by the oil filter. just gave it a half turn and it was fine.

double check that the starter is bad when you take it out. jump it to your battery with cables and it should spin. if not its broken.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement