86 Stock harness =different? Missing coil? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
86 Stock harness =different? Missing coil?

Hey guys,
I recieved a mostly complete 1986 Mustang EFI speed-density system from a buddy and I'm laying it out, trying to nail down all the connections. I can find just about everything but the coil connector and there are no loose/cut wires around. I know you are about to flame me for not chasing down TMoss' wiring diagrams but I've been over them all and none specifically address the coil wiring on an 86 in a different place than the 87 up harnesses, possibly a sub harness? I know the 87-up foxes have the coil connector, rectangular, 3/8" x 1.5" two wire, coming out with the (+) battery connection on the drivers side. Not so on my 86 harness.
Anyone with '86 specific experience or pictures?

Am I missing a small sub-harness? I have a spare connector from my old MSD setup that I can use and wire using the 87-up diagram, it's only 2 wires. But I wanted to post up to help others who may find their harness missing a piece and of a slightly different layout than the 87+ years. Thanks!

(and it's for a ranger swap, not the car in the sig.)

94 GT, stock short block(165k miles), GT-40 irons, Comp XE 262HR, TFS intake, V2-SQ @ 10+lbs (3.6" pulley), BBK 1 5/8" shorties, Off-road H-pipe, 42# injs, 110 lph +T-Rex, LMAF+DIY extender, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, DIY powerpipe, TwEECer, DIY proportional meth kit. 1/4 times soon (12s-fingers crossed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
After much searching, I found this pretty informative Thread on another forum
86 EFI computer harness, power?? - Four Eyed Forums

The coil connector is in the Main harness, not the engine harness in 86!

That should do it!

94 GT, stock short block(165k miles), GT-40 irons, Comp XE 262HR, TFS intake, V2-SQ @ 10+lbs (3.6" pulley), BBK 1 5/8" shorties, Off-road H-pipe, 42# injs, 110 lph +T-Rex, LMAF+DIY extender, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, DIY powerpipe, TwEECer, DIY proportional meth kit. 1/4 times soon (12s-fingers crossed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement