89 electrical problem HELP - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (30)
89 electrical problem HELP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i am stuck here. my turn signals arent working, my reverse lights arent working and my blower motor isnt working... i have checked all fuses related to the stuff. tried replacing the flasher, the reverse switch is new as welland has worked previously. the ac may be the resistor i will try that tomorrow at work. i checked the wires at the hazard switch and all are in their pins. another thing is i had my key turned forward in on position with motor off and just checked to see if the blower motor would cut on and when i switched from off to vent the fuel pump kicked on also when i turned it to the floor position. i can hear the compressor clutch kick on but the blower does nothing. last week it all the sudden cut off and then about 5 mins later i tried it and it worked.... sound like the resistor??? now im really puzzled about this i know the ac and fuel pump relay are near each other so idk if a wire melted or what. anyone else ever have this problem?? now the turn signals and reverse lights are on the same circuit but the fuse is fine. the wipers still work ok but maybe the signal switch went bad?but what would explain the reverse lights? one more thing it happened to me again today, the started solenoid intermittently doesnt work. i tried to start the car prolly a month ago and nothing so i touched the terminals on the solenoid and fires right up. it hasnt happened again til today but then it worked normally. i know its alot of #### at once, but it all just started happening. i welded in some torque boxes in yesterday but i cant tell you if the problem was before or after the welding. thanks in advance

best to date [email protected], [email protected] 1/8 pump gas 14 lbs weight with me- 2960
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
you might want to take a look at your ignition switch,mine started seperating on my 90 model,and the turn signals and tail lights would not work.
I also had problems getting it to start a couple of times.Just pull the cover off that goes around the steering collum,follow the harness up to the switch,and you should be able to tell if it is ok or not..hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Advertisement