snow meth HELP - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
snow meth HELP

meth not working right sprays at wrong voltage please read on.

i got the car to the tuner and he tuned it all up good. went to adjust the meth and the pump for the meth kit turns on when it sees voltage at 2 even with both the start voltage and full voltage dials on the meth controller maxxed out.

the tuner checked all the wiring and it was correct. (it is a aftermarket mass air conversion and i did it and it quadruple checked it and all the wiring is in the correct locations) when the tuner had his computer hooked up to the car he was reading good voltages from the mass air meter. so he suggested the controller was bad b/c it was activating at the wrong voltage. i sent it out and snow sent it back to me saying all checked out fine. i hooked it up and still same problem.

when i have my voltage meter hoooked up to pin 50 on the mass air meter (http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...ng_Diagram.gif) the voltage is .9 at idle and goes to about 4-5 volts when cruising. the meth kit light goes on when it sees about 2 volts and when i turn the key in the on position when car is off with the controller maxxed out. when i put voltage meter on pin 9 i get only .009 volts. and gos to .01v when cruising. is that correct i dont know.

also which wire do i hood up to pin 50 or pin 9 i have had different people tell me different things

i know this is long and confusing but please try to understand and give your advice thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (87)
That diagram was very helpful.

Pin 9 is the MAF Return which is basically the GND portion of the MAF circuit.

Pin 50 is the one you want, its the MAF signal.

What type of blower do you have? And have you tried to set the controller with boost?

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
ProCharger D1 and Snow Performance Water/Methanol
Pro-M Racing EMS
post #3 of 12 Old 07-29-2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Are my volatages correct? What can be wrong I don't unserstand I have it hooked up to pin 50 and the controller sprays at 2 volts even when the dials are maxxed out.

I have a 2.1l kenne bell goin to put a 12 pound pulley on it when I get meth figured out. I don't wanna boost reference the meth I want to connect it to mass air. Snow tested the controller and they said both boost and maf passed and are wrkin good

Ne more ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Corral Elite Member

You're voltages are correct. b I asked about your blower because some people set it incorrectly but voltage is what you want for a positive displacement blower.

Try this, set start pot at 3vdc and full activation pot at fully clockwise position.

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
Pro-M Racing EMS
post #5 of 12 Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Tried it and still same thing sprayes at round 1.5-2 volts anything else u can thin
post #6 of 12 Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Corral Elite Member

Nope. Ask your Dealer if you can try another controller.

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
Pro-M Racing EMS
post #7 of 12 Old 07-30-2011, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

I sent the controller out to snow and they tested it for me and saitested good on there machine so I don't think its the controller now. They charged me 10$ for nuttin. Any other ideas? I'm all out. Can it b the controller even though it tested good?
post #8 of 12 Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Corral Elite Member

You keep stating that your MAF conversion wiring is correct. You stated, the controller comes on at 2vdc. What's the harm in trying another controller. Trying another controller will help determine if its the controller or your MAF cinversion wiring.

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
Pro-M Racing EMS
post #9 of 12 Old 07-31-2011, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

If it was that easy I would of tried another controller. Talked to my dealer he's away for another week so gonna see what he says.

Yes my mass air wiring is 100% correct. As for a new controller snow performance tested this one and nothing was wrong with it and charged me 10$ for it so y do u think a new controller would work? I hope ur right but what's the logic behind it?
post #10 of 12 Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

ok tested everything one last time to make sure all was correct and still same problem.

when i turn key on the indicator light turns on even with the yellow wire to the control module for the meth controller disconnected off pin 50.

when yellow wire from controller is unplugged from pin 50 the yellow wire sees 0 volts when key turns on and off.

with yellow wire disconnected. pin 50 sees about 3.7v to 5v with it connected to pin 50 it sees 5.8 volts on turn of the key and goes back to 0. with mass air connector unplugged it sees 0 volts. so to me i am reading that voltage through the mass air meter some how it is leaking through or it is normal idk.

indicator light voltage when yellow wire is dissconnected form pin 50 it sees .001 volts but with the yellow wire connected to pin 50 it sees 5

put stock maf meter back on by rigging it on there and did a few tests and same exact thing almost same voltages with stock and ba2400 maf meter.

when at idle pin 50 sees 1.2-1.3 volts and when revving up it sees 2.4 and light goes on even with both needles on meth controller buried to max or both on 3v. I've tried it all i don't know what to do im on my last straw i am waiting on my dealer to get back to me ill ask for him to send out a new controller but hes prob gonna say no due to the fact that i sent this one out and it tested fine. called snow again and tom helped me out he said he can sell me a new one and if it solves my problem he will reimburse me the money i spent if he gets it back and tests out bad. so i am gonna take the plunge and buy the new controller but before i do that please confirm the following on a 6 pin connector with only 4 wires on it. ( the plug and mass air flow conv. kit i got are from http://www.mass-air.com/Products.htm )

pin a on the mass air meter is 12v
pin b is 12v- ground
pin c is pin 9 on ecu mass air ground
pin d is pin 50 on ecu mass air signal.

red wire on snow controller is 12v key power
black is 12v- ground
yellow goes/taps into to pin 50 on ecu
green goes to red on pump and indicator light

this is how i have it hooked up and those are the voltages i get with my volt meter.

does this all check out correctly? any other suggestions before i spend more money trying to figure this out??

Last edited by zss42002; 08-01-2011 at 08:16 PM.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Any suggestions michael? What should I do?
post #12 of 12 Old 08-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Corral Elite Member

Problem: Controller is activated at 2vdc regardless of settings on the Snow Performance Controller.

Solution: Try another controller. Get one from your Dealer to try or buy another one from Snow.

Based on what you're saying and what you've written the Snow controller is wired correctly. Now, I'm not an expert on mass air system conversions, so I have no idea if your upgrade is done correctly but you stated it is, so I will assume that it is. If another controller doesn't fix your issue then you have a mass air conversion problem or your mass air conversion isn't compatible with our controller in the mode (voltage) you're trying to use it in.

Option: The Stage 3 controller does not tie directly into the mass air system but rather your injectors (pulse width) or uses boost for injection or a combination of them both.

I hope this helps

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
Pro-M Racing EMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement