1994 mustang ford vehicle security system - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-23-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 mustang ford vehicle security system

ok my 94 mustang has NO factory alarm system. But.. it does have a ( FORD Vehicle Security System) the key fob i have that works is all broken and trashed. i bought a new fob but i can NOT seem to program. there is no two pins in trunk to short. the turning key to acc multiple times does nothing. i am lost please help me.

Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

i would also be ok to remove this and only use key. i just fear not being able to start my car!

post #3 of 16 Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

bump.

any one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
See if this helps.

How To Program A Lock Remote For 1994 - 1998 Mustang GT's - Ford Mustang Forums

Richard

KB 2.1L @ 9psi, FRPP M5400-A Suspension System, FRPP Aluminum D/S, Built AODE and TC, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Balanced Roller Cammed Engine, Edelbrock Performer Heads, Comp 270AH cam, AEM EMS, 3.5 Bar MAP, Zeitronix ZT-2 WB, FRPP 70mm TB, modified UPR CAI, Be Cool Aluminum Rad
post #5 of 16 Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
That system looks like the dealer-installed option, and the factory key programming procedure does not apply. Most of those systems were made by Code-Alarm. A dealer might be able to help you, or Code-Alarm may have some info.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Andy

EDIT: HERE is a post you might want to look at.

'95 GT Vert - Rio Red - Grey Leather - Black Top

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TrickVert; 07-25-2011 at 05:40 PM.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
PM sent.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDDR1 View Post
PM sent.

Andy

'95 GT Vert - Rio Red - Grey Leather - Black Top

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I thought the factory alarm was in the truck on the driver side? Mine didnt have the option but all the wiring is there in the trunk along with a mount for it. If its under the dash, that is probably a dealer installed option I am guessing....

94 GT Vert - R347 - B&G w/PT76GTS - T56M - AEM w/LS2 Coils - 575/601tq @ 10Psi
post #9 of 16 Old 07-29-2011, 01:51 AM

If it's factory it is in the trunk.

Richard

KB 2.1L @ 9psi, FRPP M5400-A Suspension System, FRPP Aluminum D/S, Built AODE and TC, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Balanced Roller Cammed Engine, Edelbrock Performer Heads, Comp 270AH cam, AEM EMS, 3.5 Bar MAP, Zeitronix ZT-2 WB, FRPP 70mm TB, modified UPR CAI, Be Cool Aluminum Rad
post #10 of 16 Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Everyone should stop confusing what this guy has with the factory installed version. His was added by the dealer, similar to the way they used to add cruise control systems at the dealer.

The main body wiring harness is not the same for a car that came without the remote keyless entry feature. This may predominantly apply to GTS and V6 owners. I'm not sure if GTs considered that standard equipment or not. I know (or knew, at least) the details from converting my GTS over to the RKE/Security equipped wiring.

Personally, I'd rip the thing out and replace it with modern equipment. You just have to pay particular attention to where factory wires were cut versus just tapped into. Collectively, we have all the wiring diagrams available to share as they become needed.

'00 V6 conversion - Dart SHP 363, RPM XTs, RPM 2, 1-3/4 LTs, TFS 2 cam, 87mm Pro-M, Fox 80mm TB.
'10 Taurus SHO - defies physics routinely
post #11 of 16 Old 07-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I had the same system on my 94. It was installed by the dealer.

I tried removing it and the ca wouldn't start, so I put it back in and took out the "kill switch" and connected the wires together. Never had a problem after that.

1994 Laser Red GT - R.I.P. 6/27/11
2005 Sierra 2500HD
2006 GTO
post #12 of 16 Old 07-30-2011, 12:29 AM

We may or may not be confusing the OP. He/she hasn't responded for 6 days. Economies of scale would say that you produce one harness for that model and plug in the buyer's options. That's why the OBDII port for the 3.8L exists in the GT harness.

Richard

post #13 of 16 Old 07-30-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman View Post
We may or may not be confusing the OP. He/she hasn't responded for 6 days. Economies of scale would say that you produce one harness for that model and plug in the buyer's options. That's why the OBDII port for the 3.8L exists in the GT harness.
Well, I have a harness in the attic that would suggest the economical choice was to make different harnesses. There are numerous extra runs of wire involved in a main body wiring harness for RKE/Security that run from the doors to the trunk. Even the trunk harnesses and door harnesses are different. On a plus note, the dash harnesses are all the same.

The people who seem to be confused are those that jumped to the conclusion that the OP was talking about the factory installed system. He posted a photo that clearly shows something altogether different. Looks like an old Crimestopper or Code Alarm as previously mentioned.

I still say rip it out.

'00 V6 conversion - Dart SHP 363, RPM XTs, RPM 2, 1-3/4 LTs, TFS 2 cam, 87mm Pro-M, Fox 80mm TB.
'10 Taurus SHO - defies physics routinely
post #14 of 16 Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Any updates blackhawktom? I have same alarm system as you do and I have to program my new remote.

89 GT 5.0, 5-speed
95 GT 5.0, 5-speed
post #15 of 16 Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Iirc turn ignition on, cycle dome light on and off 3x's ending in off position. The locks and siren should cycle. Hold the lock and unlock buttons down simultaneously. The locks and siren should cycle once indicating the remote "took". If that doesn't work try cycling the ignition on and off 3x's. One of these methods should work. When it goes into learn mode you will know by the automatic cycling of the locks and siren. If I can find the directions I'll post the exact procedure.
In addition, yes, I believe this device was produced by code alarm as re-branded for Ford dealers to sell and install. I remember installing some back in the day.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Last edited by t.birdsc; 09-03-2011 at 01:52 PM.
post #16 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.birdsc View Post
Iirc turn ignition on, cycle dome light on and off 3x's ending in off position. The locks and siren should cycle. Hold the lock and unlock buttons down simultaneously. The locks and siren should cycle once indicating the remote "took". If that doesn't work try cycling the ignition on and off 3x's. One of these methods should work. When it goes into learn mode you will know by the automatic cycling of the locks and siren. If I can find the directions I'll post the exact procedure.
In addition, yes, I believe this device was produced by code alarm as re-branded for Ford dealers to sell and install. I remember installing some back in the day.
Hope this helps,
Mike
Woww five years later, I'm having an issue with a 95 I just bought. Here is what I sent to a guy on ebay but not sure he will be able to help me as he might not even be a mustang guy lol so I'm posting here for help:

Hi
I need your help. I just bought a 95 mustang GT and it didn't have any remotes for the keyless entry. I have a 95 v6 which I converted GT. It came new with keyless entry and panic feature. I googled and looked for locations of where the box should be and it appears it should be 0n the drivers side inside the trunk behind the carpeted piece. I didn't see one in the car I just bought nor did I see one in my car, but mine still works. I'm not sure if it would be in another location or not. I've tried reprogramming the remote for the car i just bought and didn't get it to work. I want to first make sure rather it has a box or not, or the wiring for it at least but need to know if there's another possible location.

Thanks a million,
Charles

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement