Best temperature setting for Hayden fan controller ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-15-2002, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Best temperature setting for Hayden fan controller ?

What temp do you guys typically set for it to come on?? I think the factory setting is like 210 or 215*

I am putting in a 180* T-stat and was thinking maybe setting it to 195* would be good. From what I understand the engine needs to get warm enough to burn off excess *stuff* otherwise it gtes built up and reduces engine life.

Also, is it best to wire it to the high speed wire or the low speed wire? In the tech article on the Corral it said to wire it to the low speed wire, but it did specify why or if it could possibly be better to wire it to the high speed wire. Not sure if it's neccesary for the fan to come on high speed. I think you need a higher amp relay for this too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-15-2002, 05:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Iam running a perma cool aftermarket fan and relay and I kept it at the 185 degree setting it comes with. I also have an Autometer temp gauge and it does kick on around 180 on the gauge.

I think one of the reasons to hook it up to the low speed fan is the amperage draw is around 18-20 where the high fan will draw up to 30 amps. The fan switch can be wired to stay on after the car is shut off, and drawing nearly 30 amps, it will kill a battery fast.

1995 Canary GT drop-top - not much stock left

What's the difference between a wife and a mistress??
Night and day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement