ignition switch HELP - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
ignition switch HELP

ok so i have a 92 LX and for the last few weeks for my turn signals and ac to work i would have to cut the car off and turn the key back to the on pos and pop the clutch it would work fine after that. that trick stopped working yesterday so i bought a new ignition switch.....well during the install of that the whole Electrical connector fell out of the bottom of the ignition with the harness still attached...... another piece also fell out with it that i guess is what moves when you turn the key forward and backward to make the proper connections. is this thing done? if not how does this contraption go back together. obviously the car has left me in a pickle had to bum a ride from co worker.

thanks

Stop posting GT40 intakes when they are Explorer intakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302KILU View Post
ok so i have a 92 LX and for the last few weeks for my turn signals and ac to work i would have to cut the car off and turn the key back to the on pos and pop the clutch it would work fine after that. that trick stopped working yesterday so i bought a new ignition switch.....well during the install of that the whole Electrical connector fell out of the bottom of the ignition with the harness still attached...... another piece also fell out with it that i guess is what moves when you turn the key forward and backward to make the proper connections. is this thing done? if not how does this contraption go back together. obviously the car has left me in a pickle had to bum a ride from co worker.

thanks
That piece is done. I had the same thing happen before. There are spring loaded ball bearings that fly out when it separates. If you can find all of the pieces you can try to reassemble it and then zip tie it up tight to the column. I'd just get a new one though (and still zip tie it).

What you have is a new ignition cylinder. What you need is a new ignition switch. They're $10 to $20.

Google

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #3 of 4 Old 06-08-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
thanks for the reply i got it all figured out today. sourcing the part was the only speed bump

Stop posting GT40 intakes when they are Explorer intakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
cool man glad you got it figured out.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement