Help Identifying Connectors on 1986 Mustang (Pics Included) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
Help Identifying Connectors on 1986 Mustang (Pics Included)

I am hoping you guys can help me identify some connectors. At the end of the driver side/headlight harness there are some pretty heavy wires coming off the passenger headlight harness area.

One of them is a small white 3 pin connector with 2 wires. One wire is yel/wht and the other is GRN/R? hard for me to tell cause I am color blind. The yellow/white wire traces back to an 18GA fuseable link straight to the starter solenoid. The GRN/Red wire goes to a 20GA fuseable link near the wiper motor connector area and stops there.

Another plug is a wide flat 3 pin plug looks kind of like the coil plug but a little biger, has 2 large wires going to it. Both are black with two yellow stripes and trace back to main fuesable link going to the starter relay.

Third plug is a single pin with a big yellow wire going to it, and going straight back to a 16GA fuseable link on the firewall.

Can anyone tell me what each one plugs into or where it goes? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

I've got the two three pin plugs figured out as alternator plugs. Anyone know what the big yellow single pin goes to?

post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
looks like alternator regulator wiring.

dave

93 White Notch
5 Lug 4 Wheel Disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
I know this is an older thread, as like stated above all of those wires are for the older 1g type alternator. The other half of the harness that you can see in the last picture are for the headlights. Ditch all these wires back to where they originate, and wire for the 3g alternator.. As I see you might be using for the mod motor swap. Been there done this!

~Republic of Texas~
~Silver Foxbody w/ Fordstrokers 363~
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast82LX View Post
I know this is an older thread, as like stated above all of those wires are for the older 1g type alternator. The other half of the harness that you can see in the last picture are for the headlights. Ditch all these wires back to where they originate, and wire for the 3g alternator.. As I see you might be using for the mod motor swap. Been there done this!
Yep it's an older thread but maybe it'll help someone else in the future, after I figured out what they were I ended up using the wiring for other acessories since the alternator was already wired up with my swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement