FAN RECALL - GOT SCREWED - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-14-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
FAN RECALL - GOT SCREWED

Guys I brought my car in for the fan switch recall a few months ago and I thought everything would be ok after that, but it turns out my fan motor burnt out yesterday. It started smoking really bad so I unplugged it. Now my question is shouldn't Ford be responsible for it? When did replaced the switch shouldn't they have checked if the fan was working properly? Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever seen or heard my fan go on so it could have been not working all these months.

What so I do? Demand ford to replace it for free or just get a new fan motor? Or should I just buy a new fan?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2002, 08:48 PM

Ford should replace it for free. I bought the entire fan unit last summer (they would not sell me just the motor) because my fan went out. The recall was after that. I turned my receipt in a couple of weeks ago and will be reimbursed the $279 that I dropped for the assembly. I would just take it back to the dealer or just purchase the assembly, do it yourself, and wait for the check 6-8 weeks later. Good luck.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-15-2002, 12:44 PM

Re: HELP: FAN RECALL - GOT SCREWED!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gt23
Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever seen or heard my fan go on so it could have been not working all these months.
Trust me, you'd know if your fan wasn't working. I took my car in for the recall this weekend and they installed the circuit breaker. Fifteen minutes after leaving, my ECT was up over 250 degrees and I had coolant boiling over because the breaker got tripped and cut power to my fan. Luckily, I was able to baby it into a parking lot and shut her down before I did any real damage. The dealership towed it back and just replaced my whole fan. I just don't understand why they try to "fix" a defective bearing in the fan motor by installing a circuit breaker...Now you've got 2 different ways your engine can get hurt. Stupid!!!

Bill
Quote:
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-15-2002, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Well I drove my car to work today, it took 30 mins on the highway and by the time I got there my car's temp was at L of my NORMAL sign. It was kind of scary, every 5 mins it would creep up a little bit. I never passed O before the fan broke. The resourver was full and starting leaking out of that little hole on top. I did not know driving without a fan would be this dangerous. I made an appointment with ford tommorrow, hopefully they aren't going to give me crap about how this fan fix was unrelated to the switch recall. Also since i didn't get my recall down there but at another ford dealership that won't cause any problems either.

G
post #5 of 7 Old 07-16-2002, 12:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Arrow fan recall

mine burnt up too 4 mos. ago and they will fix it for free
just make sure they replace the fan&relay i took mine back cause they just replaced the relay

BLACK 2003 COBRA VERT SVT 10th anniv
SILVER 95 GTS ( SOLD ) 97 PAC.GREEN COBRA ( D.D. )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-16-2002, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Anyone got a reciept saying that they will warrant the fan and motor for 8 years and 100,000 miles? I lost my reciept and I need it in case they ask for it. Can anyone scan theirs and post it up or email to me directly? Help!

[email protected]
post #7 of 7 Old 07-16-2002, 12:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Cool

you dont need it i just went right up &asked .i bought mine used .a year ago and i still got it fixed 4 free

BLACK 2003 COBRA VERT SVT 10th anniv
SILVER 95 GTS ( SOLD ) 97 PAC.GREEN COBRA ( D.D. )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement