installed manual fan switch, but it's not cooling my car any??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-13-2002, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
installed manual fan switch, but it's not cooling my car any???

my car usually stays at about 210 most of the time. i turned the manual fan switch on today and my car stayed there. wouldn't move at all. i've also been having this problem: everytime i turn on my a/c the car starts getting hot. turn off the a/c, car is fine. i'm wondering if my high speed fan is working. i mean, with the car off and key on, i can flip the switch and hear the fan come on. so i don't understand. anyone have any good ideas?

94 GT TFS Track Heat Intake, Twisted Wedge Heads, FTI Cam, 65mm TB, C&L 73mm MAF, 24# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, 255lph, BBK Longtubes, Off Road H-Pipe, BBK Underdrive Pulleys, Mac CAI, Pro 5.0 Shifter w/ tri-ax handle, Eibach springs, 3:73's, SPEC Clutch, JMS Chip. KB Subframe Connectors.
Best [email protected] 320rwhp 320rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2002, 09:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
If you do the KOER (Key On Engine Running) Test, it will test your fan low and hi speed. I don't know if it will determine if your ECT sensor is working, which tells your computer when to turn the hi fan on.

Gone, but not forgotten:
1995 Cobra #3752/4005
Red/Black Leather
post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 11:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
That's strange, I just installed my manual fan switch last week and with the temp gauge over halfway, I switch the fan on and within 90 seconds it lowers it down near the "N" on the guage. I have to keep the fan on if I want it to stay that cool, but usually only in traffic on hot days.

1998 Crystal White SVT Cobra
BBK Longtubes, BBK offroad X-Pipe, Flowmasters, Pullies, CAI, Steeda Tri-Ax, H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, 18"x9" & 18"x10" FR500's w/ 275/35 NT555's & 305/35 Nitto DR's, and 4.56 Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 08:50 PM

Where did ya'll buy the switch?
post #5 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 09:23 PM

You can get all types on switches at radio shack or an electronics store. I just used a switch from work that lights up red when the fan is on. I pretty much leave mine on all the time. Should I only be using it in bad traffic or will it not hurt anything to constantly run?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 09:37 PM

Thanks! Can you tap into the wire withing the passenger compartment or do you have to go directly to the fan? If the earlier, which wire is it?
post #7 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 10:13 PM

Check this link out:

http://www.sn95.com/techarticles/techtip17.htm

I got a switch from Radio Shack, but I don't like how I have it mounted, so I'm going to get one from Ford.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-14-2002, 10:26 PM

Thanks! That's perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement