What size battery disconnect switch and fuse do I need? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
What size battery disconnect switch and fuse do I need?

Hey guys I've looked everywhere and I'm finding conflicting opinions so I figured I'd post my setup and see what you guys think. I've got a 3G alternator in my 91 gt, dual electric fans and an electric water pump. The battery is in the hatch and I want to put a disconnect switch in cuz I have the battery in a steeda battery box which is aluminum and bolts together. So it's a bit of a pain to get to every time I need to shut the battery off. Basically I want to stay with made in the us parts as much as I can so I was thinking a flaming river switch, especially seeing as they are located 10 min from my house. The wiring I've got a handle on. But I would like to know how many continuous amp switch I need. They offer a 100 amp with 500 surge or a 250 with 2500 surge. Also what size inline fuse should I put in my charging system and do I put it in the alternator line or directly in the battery positive side terminal. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Anybody?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement