removed alarm wont crank with ignition switch please help ASAP - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
removed alarm wont crank with ignition switch please help ASAP

I just recently removed an aftermarket alarm off of my 88 GT, I had to use the valet button to start the car when I bought it, it would never just start with just the ignition switch itself. So because I didnt have the remote and dont care for the cheap alarm system BS I removed it. The car is a 1988 gt with 5.0 and automatic.

I cant start it by bumping the starter relay (hate doing it), I know fuel and ignition is good. I hooked up one wire at a time to the matching color, it was mainly the drivers side door wires (windows and locks), but in the harness next to where the door wiring is located in the drivers kicker there was one wire (black or dark brown) that was not hooked to anything, I also found the other end with the rest of the harness, I reconnected it but it didnt affect it. I've been trying to find diagrams for the wiring with no luck, but i want to say its the ground wire, the valet button hooked to a ground and then into the alarm box. I want to hook it up but am afraid if its not a ground wire I could mess something up. Here is a picture of the connector and wire, please help I need to fix this ASAP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (23)
Find your diagram here:

Wiring & Vacuum Diagrams - Mustang tech and info links

post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
sounds like the wire to the starter sol is cut was there a little black relay wired with the old alarm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2200538
Sponsored Links
Advertisement