alternator wire 93LX - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (44)
Garage
alternator wire 93LX

I'm following the "BUFFHOMER" trunk mounted battery with cut-off switch diagram on my 93 LX 5.0 Coupe. The diagram shows a 2 gauge wire with a 150amp slow burn fuse running from alternator to one side of cut off switch in trunk. I get all of that...what I dont get is where to connect the huge 2 gauge wire to the 93 style 130amp alternator which only has 2 plastic plugs for connection....one plug has 3-4 14 gauge wires coming from it. The other plug has 2 wires I believe,,,the largest of which is maybe 12 gauge. All wiring to alternator is stock. If I solder in a giant 2 gauge wire (for the purpose of keeping the wire cool) it makes zero sense. Because: If the wire were to generate heat from current...the giant wiire would do nothing to stop the small 12 gauge wire & solder where I joined in to the factory wire from being the weak link & getting hot & melting? am I missing something here? only thing I can gather is you're supposed to buy an aftermarket alternator with a connection terminal with a stud & nut on it? but I dont want to hack up my stock wiring for something as minor as a battery in the trunk.

If you need to see the diagram...search "buffhomer wiring diagram" its been all over this website for years.

Thanks all!

2014 GHIG GT
Brembo/Recaro/TrackPack
Boss Intake, CAI, TB, X-pipe, Alum Drive shaft, MGW shifter/BMR control arms & mounts....no 1/4 mile times yet...just got it...drove it home stock & immediately began the bolt on's.

Last edited by KennethRisher; 04-01-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
The Buffhomer write-up tells you basically what you already know, either splice into the factory wiring or upgrade to a 3G.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement