Powering the 2002 Power Seat? Also Missing A Connector - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Powering the 2002 Power Seat? Also Missing A Connector

Hi,

I have a 1965 Mustang and I am installing 2002 bucket seats. The driver side is power (is the passenger side ever power or is it always manual?) but I am missing the plastic female four prong connection that would attach to the seat and run under the carpet to the power source. I got the seats from a 1997 Mustang in a junkyard but the power seats had just been bolted in, since that '97 did not originally come with power seats. I took the connections that were there but they must have been for the seatbelt warning light.

I am including a picture of the main connection that I am talking about. Where can I find the proper connector? Also, what does the power seat connect to? I'm not sure how I should power it in my '65.

How can I bench test the seat to make sure it works and test out it's movements? If I cannot find the right connector, can I solder wires right to the prongs?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS Main Connection.jpg (125.2 KB, 10 views)

1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-02-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
I had my friend (longtime car nut and mechanic) look at the seat and he things the connector I have pictured would have been for an accessory, such as heat or a seatbelt warning light.

We were able to use two wires and power the motors with my car battery. All three motors work.

Does anyone have a picture of what connector is used to run the power to the seats?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement