***Help!! Orange wire Dont know where it goes!!!! ** - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-18-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
***Help!! Orange wire Dont know where it goes!!!! **

i have a solid orange wire that comes off my harness behind the engine and i noticed it hanging down not connected to anything, does anyone know what this is and where it goes???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]1985 Lx-Sold, 1990 Notch-Sold, 1988 LX-Sold, 1993 LX-Sold, 1987 LX-Sold, 1988 LX-Sold, 1987 GT-Sold, 1995 GT-Sold, 2001 GT- My Pride and joy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (13)
What year car ? The only SOLID ORANGE wire in the ENGINE harness shows to be a GROUND to # 49 going to the ECU. But if it has a white stripe then its a voltage reference wire! The wires in these harnesses, especially one with a white stripe tend to be nearly impossible to see on these old cars.

Does your car have an functioning EGR and/or CANP (emissions smog pump system)? Judging by the direction that the wire seems to be comming out of the harness it looks like its headed over to the canister purge solenoid.

A wise man once said "It's better to remain silent and appear ignorant, rather than speak and remove doubt!

91 GT, TT 306,TFS 170's, Track Heat,60lb inj, 150 shot, 3.27's, setting up for nice dd with Maximum Motorsport suspension.

Last edited by GUNRUNINPONY; 03-26-2011 at 03:10 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Definitely need more info like year of the car and if it's been motor swapped...

But judging by the size, color, and location I'd say that is your O2 Sensor harness ground....

Did perhaps someone remove the O2 sensors in your vehicle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (300)
Looks like the EFI ground wire to me. I have seen alot of them cut to remove the intake! IMO Good luck

I have alot of misc fox body parts I,m open to maybe trade parts also. PM me if your looking for parts Thanks.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement