1995 GT fan - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
1995 GT fan

Anybody know what this is and the purpose of it? It was attached to the fan between harness and motor in a 95 GT. I am installing this fan into my setup with a Flexalite controller, do you think I'll need it? Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

1999 Cobra - Minor tweekage...

92 LX Vert. - Vortech, 3.73's, MGW shifter, FMS shorties, Ultra-flo catback, SF connectors, STB brace. $FOR SALE$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Keep it. I think it was part of a recall Ford had on the fans. They put these circuit breakers in between the plug and fan as a safety precaution. I think a couple fans got hot a caught on fire. My car has one too.

post #3 of 5 Old 02-14-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
That what's I thought. I had seen something about a recall on the fans but wasn't sure what it entailed exactly. Unfortunately there is not enough room between the fan and the waterpump pulley for this part to fit. I will have to wire it directly and hope there are no problems.

Regards,
Robert

1999 Cobra - Minor tweekage...

92 LX Vert. - Vortech, 3.73's, MGW shifter, FMS shorties, Ultra-flo catback, SF connectors, STB brace. $FOR SALE$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-15-2010, 01:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
yeah, some of the fans were drawing too much current and would start melting the wires near the plug going to the fan. Ford installed these circuit breakers inline as a fix/safety measure. My high speed fan would not come on with this installed for some reason so I pulled it off and set it on the garage shelf a few years ago and I haven't had any problems, but my car isn't a daily driver either.

In Loving Memory, My Son, Anthony Michael Starr 08/14/2007 - 01/21/2008

- 95 GT - Aluminum Heads, Cam, TMoss Cobra intake, S-trim, SCT BA2400, 55's, Longtubes, McLeod bell, TKO-600, 3.55's, etc
- 02 GT (Wife's Toy) - Auto, 4.10's, Lowered, Off Road X, Predator Tuner - [email protected]
post #5 of 5 Old 07-31-2016, 03:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overfloater View Post

Anybody know what this is and the purpose of it? It was attached to the fan between harness and motor in a 95 GT. I am installing this fan into my setup with a Flexalite controller, do you think I'll need it? Thanks.

Regards,
Robert
Hey how did you make out?
I bought a 95 about 4 months ago and it has this piece. I have a situation where the High speed fan isn't coming on even with the AC on. Doing some research to check to see if the high speed is working at all, I unplugged the ECT sensor and even with car cold, the high speed fan came right on. I changed the ECT sensor itself, or swapped one from my other 95 that I know is good. I will check the motor connector for anything visually wrong. Other than that, still trying to figure out why the high speed aint coming on like it's supposed to.

Now reading a few guys comments here and from other places or threads yesterday I believe I heard some say their high speed worked after the recall and others said theirs didn't. My car isn't a daily driver either but I want to be safe and not have to worry in the back of my mind about a possible fire should I remove the circuit breaker. Now for trial and error I will remove it and see if the fan turns on like it is supposed to. If it does I will call the dealer and ask what I need to do for it to operate like it's supposed to with the circuit breaker plugged up. Just wanted to see how yours went though?

And actually on my other 95 which was a v6 and converted into a GT/Saleen, I remember taking it in for a recall and not sure rather they just replaced the fan or what but I know they didn't install a circuit breaker. I did recently replace the motor harness connector as it was malfunctioning though.

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement