fuel pump relay (thread moved from SN95 Windsor Forum) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-23-2002, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Angry fuel pump relay (thread moved from SN95 Windsor Forum)

Where in the heck is the fuel pump relay located?...My tech book makes reference to it but tells nothing of its location or how to replace it.thanx in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-23-2002, 12:59 PM

the fuel pump relay is in the same relay box as the fan relay is in it is the box that is mounted right in front of your over floe bottle.
hope this helps

post #3 of 10 Old 06-23-2002, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

actually i thought it was located somewhere on the car..not in the engine compartment..I know the fuse is located in that box but not the relay itself.

Last edited by ninja1; 06-23-2002 at 06:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-24-2002, 12:26 AM

I think it was under the drivers' seat in Fox models. I've had problems with the terminals under the hood getting corroded, so I can't say under the hood is better. I solved the problem with a pencil eraser and a tiny amount of dielectric grease.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-24-2002, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by windsorized
the fuel pump relay is in the same relay box as the fan relay is in it is the box that is mounted right in front of your over floe bottle.
hope this helps
Yep, that's it. Called the CCRM box....120 bucks new from a local Ford dealer.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-24-2002, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

does the box come apart ot get to the fuel pump relay or do i have to buy the whole thing?
post #7 of 10 Old 06-24-2002, 10:06 PM

the relay just plugs into the box. I think the relay is about 5 dollars at the $stealer.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-24-2002, 10:09 PM

You probably have 3 relays there. one is for EEC, one is for the fan, I think, and the other one is fuel pump. I think they're all the same part number. They're about 1 inch black plastic cubes with four(?) prongs.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-25-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

I dont know if it is yall thats confused or me but the box in front of the windshield washer holder is the fuse box with 3 relays in it..neither of which are the fuel pump relay....the ccrm box is located just infront of the overflow bottle...What i want to know is the relay inside the ccrm box?? Or do i have to but the whole thing? And if the relay is inside the ccrm box what is the easiest way to take it off?
post #10 of 10 Old 06-26-2002, 02:16 AM

It's me that confused you. I double checked the location of the fuel pump relay and realize that I was incorrect in my previous post (I had confused the location with my other vehicle). It is in the CCRM, which is by the radiator overflow reservior. Please forgive my error.

The only test I could find was in my Haynes manual. It just said to test for battery voltage, and if the CCRM has voltage, then you should remove it and take it to the dealer to have it tested. Sounds like they don't want us fiddling with the CCRM...

The diagram shows two red wires that appear to be BATT voltage. It also shows a DK GRN/YEL wire that feeds the inertia fuel shut-off switch, which has a brn/pnk wire feeding the fuel pump. Based on this, if the CCRM has 12V at the red wires and also 12V at the BRN/PNK wire (key on), then the relay must be ok, otherwise the CCRM is suspect.

Likewise, you should have 12V at the inertia fuel shut-off switch GRN/YEL wire, and 12V at the BRN/PNK wire when the switch is reset.

Hope this makes up for the confusion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement